1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clint Capela is sad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

IDIOT

It deserves it own thread

3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

This doesn’t surprise me.

Morey trying to give him “‘market value” contract right now which is probably significantly lower than what he’s worth.

Also, teams know to an extent that Clint isn’t worth 25m per anyways.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Capela takes the QO then this will officially be the worst summer ever

HP3, motleydeflep6, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Damn.

That sucks.

I respect him and his agent for doing this, they have pretty much created leverage and are telling Morey to bet on Capela now or possibly lose him in the future if this is true.

fattz likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No matter how you spin it’s a bad move for the Rockets.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I think that’s good for both specially for us. Capela wants to get a bigger pay check which we can’t offer and I don’t know if we should. Capela has improve a lot but he was lost on the finals. Which means he is good against other teams but our goal is beating the warriors which we almost did. That was with Capela and Ariza not helping much. And with the help of the refs and because cp3 got injured.
    So I think we would be fine if we lost Capela but maybe we can trade him with Anderson to get something for the playoffs or n cr season. Capela will get paid though but not this year

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Not good. He’s either aiming too high or the rockets brass is being hella stingy

malakas likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Capela needs to get a consistent hook shot and be able to bar b q chicken shorter guys like Draymond Green. Think about that while signing that qualifying offer. Business is business. His real friends and family should be telling him that.

smp and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This offseason really couldn’t be going much worse.

Reeko likes this.
  12. baubo

baubo Member

Why would a move that allows the Rockets to spend more money in their best year for title contention in near future be bad? There’s nothing to spin. The less Capela makes this year the more talent the Rockets can add.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That isn't true.

Capela taking his qualifying offer wouldn't give us any cap space, it would just save the owner money this year and basically guarantee that Capela would leave next year.

The Cat likes this.
  14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Run It Back seems like a lie. Seems like our free agents want to get overpaid rather than paid fairly and actually run it back.

Only guy who really wants to run it back is Gerald Green. Signed immediately for the vet's min.

Ben Frank and justtxyank like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

that article states that teams have told Capela they’d offer him a max deal next summer...if that’s true, then Capela should definitely take the QO

Play 1 more year for peanuts and then get a max deal next summer, or lock yourself into what you believe would be a subpar deal right now? Make it through this next season healthy and show some more improvement and you’re set. At worst, you could still get the same subpar deals you’re getting now unless you suffer some serious injury.

16. justtxyank

Unless he gets hurt or has a bad year, he'd be making the right choice you are right. ​

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

who the heck is this guy? Orazio? I don't believe anything until there is smth more reliable.

It's either bs or Capela's agent really must improve his connections to leak to better journalists than this.

BHannes2BHonest and BigMaloe like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m very worried about this. Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any players that have taken the QO and then returned to that same team on a new deal, and I am not 1 of those people who think u could sign a variety of bigs with our limited funds and get 80% of what Capela gives us.

19. justtxyank

It's very rare for sure because this sours the relationship between the player and the team and it means Capela already has laid the groundwork for a contract next year.

Reeko likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ramona Shelburne said the same thing on TV

BigMaloe and malakas like this.