1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cincinnati vs UH(Homecoming)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Dude needs to be Tilman Fertitta's personal butler not coaching college football.

J.R. likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This team is Joseph manjack and a bunch of scrubs and a coach who doesn't give a ****.

I'm done.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Dude needs to be spearfishing mullet in Freeport not coaching college football.

KingCheetah likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

You've never been flounder gigging in your life, or frog gigging either, don't lie ;)

KingCheetah likes this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I've said all year there is talent on this team but they show up game after game looking like they have never played a down of football in their lives and that all points back to Dana. This isn't just a bad team, but a boring one as well.

Hippieloser likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He lost Homecoming to a below .500 team? How much is his buyout?

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Too much. Pezman gave him that ridiculous contract extension. Buy high, sell low. Dummy.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

As we learned from in the great novel, Low expectations, by Charles Dickens. I am not disappointed. It was indeed a sad showing, but not unexpected. Combo of poor talent and poor coaching. They have had moments and that's been more than enough to satisfy me.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I didn’t go to UH, but I do watch most of their games on TV. Everything about the football program seems sad and depressing. No excitement in the stands. Not excitement on the field. Just no excitement.

The new stadium was supposed to bring out the fans, but the stadium looks empty and boring. Coogs moving to the Big 12 supposed to be a game changer, but no one seems to care.

Students and alums don’t go to games and recruiting is going in reverse. Dana surprised me last season and the team played pretty well, but people JUST DON’T CARE.

UH has invested a lot of money in new facilities, time to invest in a new coach.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its Dana the fanbase knows he's a snakeoil salesman he has a new excuse after every head scratching loss. The fans have checked out and want him gone.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

As a side note. The Snake Oil Salesman who was caught and placed on trial in 1916, pleaded no contest, was fined $20, and walked clean.

12. Nook

Nook Member

His contract is 6/26 if I remember correctly, but that was signed back at the end of the 2021 season.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The buyout is $14.2 million but can be paid in monthly installments.

Nook likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

At this point they should consider buying him out and paying a young coordinator somewhere else short money and see if he can come in and fix the issue. Most likely he won’t fix it - but it’s pretty clear Dana isn’t fixing anything. He is just collecting checks, slaying co-eds, slamming Red Bulls and partying with his 50 year old bachlor friends that think eating Frito Bean Dip and swigging Berringer’s Zinfandel on a yacht while 35 year old strippers suck their dicks on the deck is a grand ole time.

IBTL, DonnyMost and J.R. like this.
  15. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I hate to say but I think the buyout is going to get him another year, but I would expect some staff changes because he knows next year his job is on the line.

I don't have any inside info but that number and will Tillman admit he made a mistake is what saves his job.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Does the buyout go away if he lands another job?

17. Buck Turgidson

Lance Leipold is not leaving KU for UH

Who else is Coog-amazing?

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't know but most contracts deduct from the number if a guy lands another job.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

We've gone through rough periods before. I have no problem waiting out the contract. It's not like we have high expectations at UH and did not meet them. We've never established that kind of dominance.

When we do have a stellar season, it's more like, wow, this is fun. The stakes are low. So cutting off heads isn't really a necessity, especially when the replacement options are still slim.

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I mean, that does sound like a pretty good time though...

Nook likes this.