1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Royce White To Sit Out D-League Playoffs

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by TheSource, Apr 9, 2013.

1. TheSource

TheSource Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...to-vipers-white-to-sit-out-d-league-playoffs/

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Can they just cut this fool already? Such a FAIL drafting his ass. Tired of hearing about him.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

and the reason why? Because he will play for the Rockets during the playoffs :p

4. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Yawn, his sorry ass will never step foot on an nba court

5. plee

plee Member

I think they are waiting for the end of the season to do it...he'll make a big stink about it and he'll be all over ESPN, etc... Don't need this during the season/playoffs

6. Albinoswordfish

Seriously putting aside all his mental health issues with the D-League games I've watched this guy seems very slow out there. I don't think he'll be able to keep up with the athletic PFs in the NBA and no way he can guard 3s.

If he's just out of shape than that's also a red flag as well as that shows he has poor work ethic and a lack of passion for the game. Very rarely do see a great NBA player that lacks passion and work ethic.

It could premature but I think Royce White is starting to look like bust.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

starting?? :grin:

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

He is a different breed of PF they would have trouble with him if he could get his ass on the court.

9. rocketsmetalspd

I have watch him play down here in the RGV and when he wants to play he can really play well but he seems uninterested most of the times.

10. HL3

HL3 Member

It's possible to just cut him in the off season right? I mean we might need the cap space...

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Naw, he's not a bust. He's just a dumb ass.

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

his contract is fully guaranteed the first 2 years, as are all first round draft picks

13. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It's amazing how many people don't realized this. That's why cutting him doesn't make sense. Just keep him in the D-League until you can decline the team option on the 3rd year of his contract.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

No cap space if he's cut/waived/bought out in standard fashion.

I agree that I'd rather have the cap space than the attention w**** at this juncture - his authority issues alone suggest that he'll never work his way into a rotation, even if he finally becomes okay with the NBA's travel-heavy schedule.

But to get that cap space, they'll have to petition the NBA to allow them to void his contract. Sadly, honestly, I don't see them being able to do that over the summer without a new incident. Their best shot was to do so in January when he was openly in breach of his contract. To try and void it over that in retrospect won't fly.

Doesn't make me happy - but I anticipate he'll still be on the roster come October.

Only other scenario I could envision would be to trade him, plus cash covering his entire 13/14 salary to a cap wealthy squad like Charlotte.

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Hopefully we make a trade in the offseason and get to use his contract as trade filler.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's both.

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Can the Rockets do nothing about this ass clown? It seems like if you are being paid for something, you should actually have to do it.

18. Mariachi ROCKET

He still gets breast fed from him Mama!

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

that's what happens when you draft a narcissistic con man.

20. tested911

tested911 Member

Come on guys.. I'm pretty sure you can make it happen.

Trade White for a 2nd round pick in 2020, and the stipulation is that the team who is getting White is protected through the first 25 picks.