1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Rockets tuned in to Redick

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by mikezamir, Jun 4, 2006.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Please, very little new has been said in this thread. People are very passionate in this thread ...about repeating themselves. ;)

With the back problems, I'd be interested to pass on Redick at #8 and see if we can pick him later. I'd be cool if we can figure out a cheap way to trade our #32 pick to move into the 20's if he's still there. I doubt he'll be there at 32.

2. REDICK1

REDICK1 Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! DRAFT REDICK!!! If there's ever a white guy from america that you should draft besides Larry Bird and a bunch of guys from the 60's and before I was born, let it be this guy. He's not a MATT MALONEY, STEVE KERR or any of those guys. He's a great scorer and he has the one thing all ROCKETS NEED! HEART! This kid's amazing. I've watched many a games he played in. He's gonna be a shooter. I decent scorer and a great complement to any superstar on the team that drafts him. PLEASE let it be the rockets. I mean geezzzzzzz people he dropped an average of like 30 pts a night. All time ACC leading scorer. What more do u ask??? Just because he's white doesn't mean he's automatically gonna be a bust. He's worth a pick. Look at Rodrick Rhodes, Mirsad Turckan and all those crappy busts they got. They can afford to take THIS risk. There's too great of a reward. I do think they should trade down to get him though and maybe pick up an extra draft pick.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well said, nice name.

DD

4. Rockets Dynasty

http://www.clutchfans.net/poll_results.cfm

29.7% Rodney Carney
    29.2% J.J. Redick
    21.9% Ronnie Brewer
    11.3% Shelden Williams
    6.0% Randy Foye
    1.9% Maurice Ager
    TOTAL: 8749

You do realize that like 90 percent of the people that visit the site never even saw the draft poll thread right?

Don't fool yourself into thinking that most people that visit Clutchfans want nothing to do with Redick.

If the Rockets stay at 8, the fans seem split over Redick, Brewer, and Carney, and Redick and Carney are doing better than Brewer is.

Just because you think Redick is a joke for an 8 pick doesn't mean that the 1/3 or so of Rockets fans that think he's worth it and the best fit are just meaningless, as if those wanting Brewer or Carney somehow have a more valid opinion.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Redick could fall as low as 21, Utah is reportedly wanting to trade down to the 21st pick to get Redick.

6. beachbarbie948

I thought he was already guaranteed to be an 8-14 pick

7. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

no one is yet claiming it. I mean i know we didn't give him one so might as well start 9-14..... Golden state doesn't need him so thats 10-14 and so on...

Reddick is gonna fall. He will end up being a good spot up shooter but i think teams came to their senses.

8. Rockets Dynasty

Seattle 10th........
    Orlando 11th.........
    Utah 14th.............
    Chicago 16th............
    Indiana 17th..........
    Sacramento 19th.........

Redick's back would have to me majorly screwed up for all those teams to pass on him so he could fall to #21.

9. Laozi

Laozi Member

I don't see him as being like those guys in particuliar he's probaly the second coming of Trajan Langdon.

Defenders will camp out on his rightside and invite him into the lane where he'll be completely ineffective. The only other option is then to run him off picks and I'd rather see us doing that for McGrady then an undersized two who dissappeared on his biggest stage when put up against good athletes.

10. beachbarbie948

Oh...

well I was going by the ESPN article where his agent said he had pulled out of workouts because Redick was going "8 to 14". But I dunno. Maybe his agent is overly confident, but then again maybe he has a guarantee we don't know about yet. Guess we'll have to see on Wednesday :)

11. Rockets Dynasty

Maybe he has a guarantee at 10 because that was reported earlier (that he had a top 10 guarantee) and also Coach K said he did, either Seattle taking him (which makes sense) or Houston taking him in a trade for Seattle's pick in addition to if they get the Roy deal done or if they don't either way (which also makes sense)

In fact if they got Roy and Redick that would put them on the bring of a title.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

No not overly confident he's just doing damage control. Something is definitely wrong with Redick's back.. it is probably just a twist that will heal with time and he'll be fine. But it's serious enough that if he goes to a workout he will look like crap and flunk the physical so his agent pulls him out of all future w/o and claims he has a lock between 8-14 to save face and do some damage control. I mean come on the rumors are all over his back is a mess. How do you dispell these rumors? You do a workout and show hey I am 100% and all that crap you hear is just crap. Well he didn't do that so he must be in the midst of some serious pain but I doubt it's chronic. And probably more of over exerting himself and his body to look great in these workouts and BAM! he pulls a disc. FOr those of you who think GM"s have come to their senses that's just pure lunacy No GM wants to take the risk on damage goods but if Redick were a 100% the Rockets would still be in therunning for him. CD said so himself it's the back that has them concerned not his ability. The kid's going to be a star if he is healthy... that's a big if. So now he drops but unless evidence comes out that he has permanent disc damage he will not drop pace the Pacers. Larry bird will jump on him and have the steal of the draft. Personally I hope that happens because I don't want him killing us in the west every year.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Latest mock draft on insider has Redick slippin all the way to 22. It has us getting Roy from ATL

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Who, Seattle on the binge of a title? :eek: In Seattle, I dont know how many he gets similar to Radmonovich who was behind a guy like Lewis who is 1 a very good player, and 2 very durable. If Reddick goes to Seattle he will be behind Ray who has no signs of slowing down.

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Interesting. I'm not a huge Redick fan, but I'd be totally willing to trade up from the #32 spot to get him at #22.

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He won't get past 21, the Suns will scoop him up. He will be the white Ray Allan on that squad.

17. Old Man Rock

Yeah I think you could be correct and that would be bad news for the rest of the west. The deadliest backcourt guns in the west. Let's hope he doesn't drop that far.

18. Old Man Rock

Draftexpress just reported after talking to half a dozen draft warrooms Reddick is no longer a lottery pick and will be the last player seated in the green room tomorrow night. Man I wish the Rockets could get an extra pick and grab him.

Here's the link: Word on the Street Redick Slipping

#1358 Old Man Rock, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That bad back reminds me of Luke Jackson from Oregon a couple of yrs ago. I mean Luke was the truth, but he hasn't been able to do anything because of the back. Reddick might be 2nd rd fiddle before long. If i was him i would turn down the invite for the draft or he might be the last one crying.