1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] God bless you, Jon Lovitz!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by B-ball freak, Jul 18, 2007.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Link

[​IMG]

Lovitz reportedly roughs up Andy Dick
    Fight stems from long-running feud over the death of fellow comedian Phil Hartman

Two funny guys are having a feud that isn't even close to being humorous.

According to the New York Post, the animus between Jon Lovitz and Andy Dick, which has its roots in the slaying of Phil Hartman a decade ago, exploded in a fight last week at an L.A. comedy club when Lovitz roughed up Dick.

Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada said, "Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of his nose."

Lovitz and Dick reportedly have been feuding since a 1997 Christmas party at Hartman's house, five months before his wife, Brynn, fatally shot Hartman, then killed herself.

"Andy was doing cocaine, and he gave Brynn some after she had been sober for 10 years. Phil was furious about it — and then five months later he's dead," said Lovitz.

Last year, Lovitz related, a drunken Dick strolled up to his table at an establishment in West Hollywood, downed his guests' peach liqueur drinks, and "looked at me and said, 'I put the "Phil Hartman hex" on you — you're the next one to die.' I said, 'What did you say?' and he repeated it."

When the two ran into each other at the Laugh Factory last Wednesday, "I wanted him to say he was sorry for the 'Phil Hartman hex,' " Lovitz said. "First he says, 'I don't remember saying that.' Then he leans in and says, 'You know why I said it? Because you said I killed Phil Hartman.' Which I never said."

Of the fight, Lovitz said:

"I'm not proud of it ... but he's a disgusting human being."

Dick's rep said he had no comment on the feud.

Whew.

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Mneh.. both guys aren't funny at all. However I really dislike Andy Dick.. that guy is such an unfunny prick. It's a wonder how that guy is still alive, you'd think somebody by now would've kicked his ass and accidentally killed that twig.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

4. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member