1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Christianity: Why Try to Save Earth When Afterlife Is Real?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dmoneybangbang, Jun 5, 2023.

1. dmoneybangbang

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-host-why-try-155230408.html

Christian extremists are trying desperately to blend their version of Christianity into mainstream..... Now Chick Fil A is woke....... Climate change is woke........ What's to be done with the Christian Taliban?

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

::sigh::

The rise of profitable fracking and the death of "Peak Oil" reminds me of the invention of the Cotton Gin where the South seriously considered giving up slavery due to unprofitability only to double down on slaves when the cotton trade exploded.

Oil majors were more likely to give up their heavy resistance if they felt like they wrung the most out of the plots of land they already owned. This second wind gives them no reason to stop pouring millions into influence peddlers and think tanks to craft the ultimate seeds of doubt in order to delay and paralyze public action.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So the GOP is a death cult. These are mainstream gop talking heads on a mainstream network just saying this **** without a second thought.

#3 fchowd0311, Jun 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    Andre0087 likes this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

They're going to get canned by Rupert if they keep on going down this alley. He doesn't like this kind of talk.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

The wealthy donors and supporters of the GOP forgot I guess...

Rashmon and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Those damn christians are the root of this country's problems. Time to round them up and put them in concentration camps.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think this is a fair question.

In the same vein, even if you (like most sheep) believe in the climate apocalypse, and according to your cult, it is pretty much inevitable anyway, why not enjoy the ride while it lasts, instead of being a miserable leftist twat?

ROXRAN likes this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

God does instruct Adam and Eve to be good stewards of the earth. They even put it right in the front of the Bible so most people read it before quitting in Leviticus.

9. fchowd0311

I find that the early 2000s climate deniers are today the nihilists who say "what's the point? keep on drilling baby".

So weird take as most people who shout about climate change are the ones who are advocating the most to fix it rather than be nihilistic about it.

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Perfect response to these jack a.ssses lol love it !

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

At least I get to drill sometimes (mind you, not nearly as much as I should), which clearly puts me ahead of some of the incels on this board.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

anything wrong with being wealthy?

also, where does "wealthy" start for you?

13. fchowd0311

Ya like I said the people shouting about Climate Change wouldn't be shouting if they thought there was no point and the world is doomed with no hope.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

according to them, the Maldives are already gone

but I'll go there again soon

so **** these idiots

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If you're gonna assimilate into the US Republican party get familiar with the bible...because they say one thing and do the opposite. You should at the minimum be a well knowledgeable hypocrite if you want to advance in any capacity.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

sounds like sour grapes

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Best solution I’ve seen.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Build a wall around San Leon and dump them there.

CCorn likes this.
  19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Was going to make comments about religions and relationship to the Earth.

Pretty much all the major religions teach humans to be good caretakers of the Earth. Christianity teaches that God created the Earth and entrusted humanity with its stewardship. Islam views the Earth as a creation of Allah and considers it a trust given to humanity. Muslims are encouraged to be responsible stewards of the Earth and to protect its resources. Hinduism teaches that the Earth is a manifestation of the divine and that all living and non-living beings are interconnected. In other words, Hinduism emphasizes the need to protect and preserve the Earth. Buddhism shares a similar belief in interconnectedness and interdependencies and also teaches the protection and preservation of the Earth.

The idea of not caring for the Earth isn't found in any major religious teachings but is, in fact, against their teachings.