1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul the Instant Houston Rocket Legend

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, May 24, 2018.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

All,

Let me preface by saying I am DAMN proud of the Rockets this year and especially after game 4 and tonight's game 5 win. This team is a champion in my mind.

This is only CP3's first year with the Rockets and even now it's surreal for me to see him donning a Rockets jersey and helping the Rockets in a colossal way on this championship run.

CP3 is a Houston Rocket Legend. The way he's picked up the slack with his mental toughness and time after time putting the team on his back (especially game 4 and tonight) is legendary to me.

I hope he will still be able to play for the rest of the playoffs. But if he is not able to, it will be difficult to win the championship without him, let alone get past Golden State over the next 2 games. He's just as important to this team as Harden is. 2-headed beast.

I am so proud of the Rockets for not only being the best in the regular season, but proving their the best in the playoffs with their fight. Injuries are part of the game. But this one really stings considering the timing of it and the magnitude of the player it's afflicting.

Not many players can be considered a LEGEND after just one year with a team. CP3 in my mind will always be a legend for his heart and HOF play when it counts for this season. Simply the GOAT.

On a side note, James Harden as we all know is a generational talent. Yes he missed every jumpshot he put up today. But consider how much the defense is scheming and sapping his energy and making it really difficult for him to go anywhere. He still played pretty good team defense and he never stopped attacking or shooting. He didn't get discouraged. I applaud Harden for being such a STUD and GOAT that he can still go out there and make a critical drive and kick to EGO for the game clinching 3 late in the 4th. Harden is just amazing. I hope he has one more MEGA SUPER SAIYAN game left in him for the sake of getting past the Warriors.

But Harden and CP3....ROCKET LEGENDS.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one should question Chris Paul’s heart!

JuNx, D-rock, lionaire and 2 others like this.
  3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

All season long he just gives the team exactly what we need in the right moments.

DavidRocket likes this.
  4. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

He has become my favorite player.

arabrocket and DavidRocket like this.
  5. threepointshot3

The schimmy mocking of the fake good guy curry was awesome

D-rock, napalm06 and DavidRocket like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul has the heart of a champion.
    All he needs is the champion part.

D-rock, Snow Villiers, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

hate to admit it, but having a Lebron in the backpocket wouldn't exactly hurt right now.....

D-rock likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

cp3 is without a doubt a winner. irreplaceable. just impacts the game positively in ways most players can only dream of

DavidRocket likes this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Altrough 6'0 he was born to play basketball.

Hes basically midget LeBron.

DavidRocket and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. macan

macan Member

i used to dislike him for all those flops he did back in clippers. he has won my heart this season
    hope he retires a Rockets

DavidRocket likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I concur

Rocket River

DavidRocket likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

That's MY Point God!

DavidRocket likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

No doubt. I hope he retires a Rocket (no sarcasm). Mad love for the Point God.

DavidRocket likes this.
  14. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

The way Houston has embraced him reminds me of the Verlander acquisition. For many, JV has become their favorite Astro. I think many prefer CP to Harden as well.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I take his leadership over JH’s skills any day, no offense.

16. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

Yeah, that's why he reminds me of JV. His leadership is lauded, and credited for getting the Astros over the hump.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You don't have to, though. CP3 is the perfect complement to Harden. We're blessed to have them both in Rockets red.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I love Harden but since he entered the NBA CP3 has been my favorite player. I am a sucker for great PGs and needless to say I rank no one higher.

DavidRocket and Lawlruschang like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't surprised at how good he was. I always knew he was injury prone too and it was only a matter of time before he got injured in the playoffs.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

When CP was the enemy, it was hard to truly appreciate his greatness. After watching him in action on our side for 80+ games, I'm more than convinced that he is THE POINT GOD. Also, a Chris Paul hunting for shots is straight effing savage.

DavidRocket likes this.