1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

China vs USA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TracyMcgradyMVP, Aug 5, 2008.

1. TracyMcgradyMVP

Do you guys think China can beat USA ???? bcuz they only won by 11 against the Australians

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The virus is spreading.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

If Lebron/Wade/ Carmelo keep going to those "places"

they might give them something and make them feel "fatigue" by game time.

4. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Difficult; but I'm sure they will play with hearts and will be proud of their efforts.

5. fogo11606

fogo11606 Member

This belongs to the NBA dish.

5% China of beating the US.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2% chance that China makes this one close / maybe wins.

7. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

um.................................................NO! :rolleyes:

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

i just want to break your keyboard in half.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There are at least 25 guards playing high school basketball in Houston that could start on the Chinese team. Thats how bad their guard play is. Maybe I am exaggerating. Maybe not. I'd like to see China win though. That would be sweet, I would be so pumped for Yao and China. Coach K can eat one.

10. Why So Serious?

And we lost to Australia by 10+ :(

If USA does not use full court press, I see the US wining by around 10 points.

If they do use full court press.......... uggg

I don't think Yao is 100% either, and he really have to be at his best for China to even have a chance of been competitive.

I think team China should save their energy for the other teams in their group in order to advance.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

China needs to do what Russia and Germany did: steal players from other countries. Chris Kaman plays for the Germans and Russian's PG is JR Holden (not to mention Becky Hammon plays for their women's team).

Rafer Alston is not doing anything important this summer. They should have gotten him to play PG.

Ron Artest has also recently volunteered to play on the Chinese National Team.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Australia is better than China...

So I dont' get the premise of the thread??

13. ty185

ty185 Member

the problem with that route is... china has one of the toughest immigration rules in the world. it's probably harder to become a chinese citizen than to become an US citizen these days...

I vaguely remember the wording is something like "if you are a foreigner, if you want to be a part of china, and if you have done an EXTRAORDINARY contribution to the country, there is a chance that your application can be approved if you FORFEIT the other citizenship(s) you have".

maybe someone could be creative and find a way for rafer to make some extraordinary contributions to china... :D

14. theeast

theeast Member

China only has Yao, and Yao is only 60-70%, and their PGs can't even pass the ball to Yao. So wat do u think...

15. ty185

ty185 Member

not necessarily. china and ausralia has been beating up each other in the past decade and IIRC, basically spliting their matches when they met on international events.

I don't see china having any legitimate chance of upsetting USA though. not with their current guard play...

16. Albert Einstain

that senerio will be bloody and violent,so please keep the children away from the field---o''neal

no way will chinese team beat the teamus,it'll be extremely amazing even if they would be beaten by less than 30.however,if ron and rafer joined teamchina,the sutuation would be quite different.

After all ,i wish teamchina the silver medal .

17. theeast

theeast Member

lol silver? no way, tons of teams are way stronger

18. Albert Einstain

i guess you're chinese ,man.otherwise, you would by no means know that rules rather thoroughly.further,i assume that you used not to be a chinese and you had applied for a china nationality.your chinese nationality was permitted after you had made a huge contribution to that ancient country.the extraordinary contribution you made to china is unknown to me,though,i speculate that may be an extraordinary amount of money .you changed the dollars for some rmbs and sent the rmbs to someone in china,then your application got permitted. :D

congratulations ,man.but the bad news is that you will never be able to vote for Obama or any other future president.as aquiring the chinese nationality ,you are losing the rights for president voting.

19. jlwee

jlwee Member

The chinese guards will have problems bringing the ball pass half court against full court press. So they have to figure out how to bring the ball up before they start to worry how to pass the ball to Yao!

As a chinese, i hope team China will beat team USA!

20. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

There is no chance in gods green earth that china will beat the us national team. unless yao goes beserk and scores 50, then no. and btw, the Australian team>>china. just because australia got close, dosent mean china will to.

Anything under 25 is a moral victory for china.