1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

FIFY.

2. VanityHalfBlack

He was a shoe connoisseur. I'll let it slide ;)

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This has been done before and is done annually by McDonald's -- it's called the McRib. There are websites dedicated to tracking that thing down.

I knew there'd be enough dorks to support this sandwich and the hype, but damn, to hold a store up for one is really losing your mind.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

nah...these fools didn’t just take a penitentiary chance over a chicken sandwich...

[​IMG]

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Nook, tmoney1101, KingCheetah and 2 others like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Diageo, the supplier of Crown Royal is implementing this strategy as well, creating a huge demand with their peach flavored whisky. Their excuse is that the Canadian peaches they use are in "short supply" and the harvest wasnt as fruitful. Its all bullshit cause theyre just using artificial peach syrup anyway, but man are there some sheep out in this world. Theyd jump off a cliff for a Popeyes chicken sandwich and a bottle of peach Crown to wash it down.

Sajan likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is when common sense needs to override the entrepreneurial spirit.

DreamShook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. likestohypeguy

I love how one has given up, on his phone, probably letting their financial backer know they haven't sold a single sandwich. The other guy is still sizing up potential customers approaching. Hasn't lost hope completely yet.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kevin Durant struggling post Warriors era yet still making time to defend himself on twitter.

BigM likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder if they realized when they were the only people in line that Popeye's is saying there are no more chicken sandwiches to push up demand. The Popeye's by me in Houston never ran out. But I'm in a Raising Canes kind of neighborhood.

ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. likestohypeguy

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Down with the gay bashing company! Up with the company from Louisiana! Geaux Popeyes!

Nook, Sajan, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Interesting you say that, I went last week and the sign on the door said no more sandwiches, they had a sign up on the board that said "coming back soon" or something to that effect and then I ask if there out and she said No, they had them.......I was kind of surprised and it looked like they had made about 20 of the spicy and 20 of the regular and they were just sitting under the heat lamp

tinman likes this.
  14. plates300

plates300 Member

I've been eating the Popeye's chicken sandwich for over a year and now I can't find one to save my life. Great marketing Popeye's...now gimme my sammich.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

At peak Chicken Sandwich frenzy, the Popeye's by me had no line (Raising Cane's neighborhood). I just assumed there was a dash for the sandwich because of the twitter hype. I went there on a whim to see, and I easily got a sandwich. Capitalism got me because I wasn't really hungry for a sandwich.. but I was there.

16. likestohypeguy

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

For the same reason they should discontinue all of their burgers. They are nasty.

Nook likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Can we stop putting pickles on chicken sandwiches? That's not good.

CK Johnson and tmoney1101 like this.
  20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

What’s so hard to understand about not putting something wet on something fried? I’m no pickle hater but I’m not a fan of round mushy spots on my fried chicken.

Also what’s the deal with restaurants feeling the need to put hot food on a bed of lettuce? Hot plate hot food and lettuce sandwiched in between. They might as well just put it on a puddle of water.