1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check out this Pop beat I Made!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by acjeitherocket, Feb 19, 2010.

1. acjeitherocket

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

:eek:

...2011 grammys or what?

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4. acjeitherocket

yea i will be there

and LMAO @ that pic

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

LOL.

People on this board have an amazing ability to quickly find the most appropriate, comedic response.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'm kinda old school, maybe real old (operative word), but I don't get this really. What kind of market are you going for? I'm sure you create these because you love doing it, but is there a financial expectation?

Dumb questions probably, and I'm probably showing my ignorance of today's music, but I am curious. I've been out of music for a long time and just getting back into it so now when I hear something I don't understand I feel a need to ask questions...even stupid ones.

I went to your site and you have a LOT of these so that tells me there's something else going on.

Would love to hear more about this.

Thanks.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Sooo how much for exclusives?.....

8. acjeitherocket

yea i love doing it. music is my life..as of right now..no im not worried about the $$..but i do make a little bit from leasing/selling beats...nothing to brag about though. I have a team of writers & artists I work with. They write to my tracks and we try to shop the finished songs to major artists. That's where the real money is at. We havent landed anything yet but were getting there. Hopefully we'll have a atleast a couple placements by the end of the year.

and to Salvy: as far as exclusives go...it depends on who you are and which beat you want but for the average up & coming artist exclusive rights to my tracks start at $250 and go up from there (depends on which track)

9. acjeitherocket

and i aim for the Urban market..but im open to anything..I'd really like to get into film-scoring one day

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

,000 or .00?

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Music is my passion, I have been doing rap for a while now..... I was getting ready to come on board for a record label called "Hata Proof"... If you know local rappers then you know Big Cease...... Yup, those guys.... After a while I got tired of the lifestyle, they where in it for the money not the music... Today, I have my own recording studio and make beats myself but I am always looking for new beats..... All my music from now on is for the the good Lord I must admit.... I havent heard all you have but I will check it out as soon as I have time....

12. acjeitherocket

$250.00 bro

im not Timbaland lol

13. acjeitherocket

o aigh thats cool..and na im not too big on local rappers..i barely do rap beats anymore..unless im asked to for this rap group (Cash in Associates) on the indie label im signed to..R&B/pop is my main focus

14. RocketRaccoon

So beats are unfinished songs where artists can buy/lease so they can finish the song to their personal style?

Let me play this out in my head: If I wanted to add a hiphop (don't even know if thats the correct term) bridge (much like the MJ's We are the World where LL was singing) I would contact you?

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Mr. AC Jei, sir, I don't know what you did, but my speakers broke just after I listened to your opening beat on that website. :(

The bongos' sound keep going from the left to the right channel. I keep trying to fix the "balance" on the song, sir, but I can't catch the sound in the center.

Please fix my speakers.

Thank you.
    :eek:
    Signed, SwoLy-D

p.s. - you need to add "fa-eee-iiii-eeee-ine!", "silky", "girl" or "you smooth" synthesized lyric in your beats in order to qualify as a true R&B beat. _:p_

1 person likes this.
  16. acjeitherocket

yea thats the idea. if you want to write/record to my track..contact me

17. RocketRaccoon

Thanks for your continuing replys. I really appreciate that and learning something new.

And you know, you just might be hearing from me... ;)

18. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

A.C., thanks for shedding some light on the financial side of things. Real interesting to hear how these sort of things work for those who are just starting out. I have no musical talent whatsoever, but this sort of stuff really fascinates me. I wish I had the ear or talent to make beats like you because music brings me a lot of joy in my personal life.

Btw, I'm really feeling some of your R&B beats.

19. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I got this rap song that I think will be a hit. I've been looking for a Christian rapper to do it for me but have yet to find one. I didn't know you rapped. The topic of the song is basically hugging, but doing it sideways. Let me know if you want to do it. I think it can blow up.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Pablo Francisco? :grin:

What did I win?

1 person likes this.