1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheating Scam

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

On one hand you have rich, elite, college educated commentators that send their kids to college trying to convince the middle class that college isn't important.

On the other hand you have rich, elite, college educated people spending a fortune to put their kids into these networks so they can open specific doorways.

These people know something that most Americans don't. While the white middle class guards the door against the lower class, the rich elites know that a wall is being built between the elites and the middle. The middle class has their back to that wall so doesn't even know it's happening.

Those who are part of these elite circles will still have power, money and influence when the world gets really different in the near future.

REEKO_HTOWN and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think this part is a little off base.

Middle class isn't unaware of what's happening. Just powerless generally to do much of anything about it. That's the system we're in now.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There is a reason D&D exists as a political discussion board and why this discussion forum is not intended to be a political discussion forum. Cross-posting posts from that discussion seems inappropriate and I haven't done so (if that is what you are accusing me of doing).

Now that you have done so, I'd be fine with a moderator ending/deleting this thread or merging with the one in D&D, but also note with only the barest of examples this thread hadn't brought up politics at all. Until you cross-posted, of course.

Harrisment likes this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The topic might be, but the forum is emphatically not. D&D exists so that Hangout is not burdened with political fights. I agree with @NewRoxFan's objections. Easy enough to just confine yourself to the D&D thread if you can't stay apolitical.

Harrisment and NewRoxFan like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This scandal comes up right as my wife finds out she has been wait-listed for a master's program she should have easily been accepted into.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I knew Lori was dirty ever since I saw her as Toni in the film "Secret Admirer". Remember...she was forging love letters for the guy trying to bag the babe (Travolta's wife)? :eek: ;)

8. NewRoxFan

So going through 65 posts you saw one mention of trump (a post that no one responded to) to justify cross-posting from the D&D thread? The vast majority of other posts talked of the wealth of parents, or meme'd one of the famous parents, or even the attractiveness of that parent's daughter.

Again, I am happy to have this thread closed or merged with the D&D thread. But still seems a topic newsworthy and apolitical enough to warrant being discussed here, of course, as long as there aren't further crossposts.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'd like to lodge a formal protest with the powers-that-be :D

you were complaining that people were turning this thread into a political thread LONG before I showed up

that quote btw doesn't constitute a "further crosspost" since I already crossposted it earlier :p

I should think @NewRoxFan that you of all people would appreciate my efforts to draw attention to the plight of this thread being dragged down into the much and mire of politics ;)

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

11. NewRoxFan

Since it appears a few want this thread closed due to political reasons... @Castor27 can you close it?

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How about we just behave and post pics of famous people's children?

Rocket River likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't agree but I should clarify that I don't really mean the entire middle class. I mean the group that's above the middle but below the elites. Those people that easily make over $100k a year who think they are part of the "success" story in America.

Phillyrocket and Jump Ship like this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Maybe @Clutch can hook you up with a merge.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wow, LL's bond was set at a million dollars.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member