1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cheapest Place to get Fireworks.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Freik, Jun 24, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I'm looking at buying a bunch of fireworks for a 4th of july party, anyone know where the cheapest place to get them? There are stands all around my house in spring, I drive by one of the warehouses everyday on the way to work, but dont know if they are cheaper than the stands, or if anyone knows the best place to get a bunch of them?

2. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

There's a burn ban in effect for Harris and not sure about surrounding counties.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Fireworks world is the most expensive, it depends on which part of town you live in because they don't sell them in the illegal zones. Your best bet are STANDS, particularly TNT stands... they usually give you bundles.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The black cats warehouse on 290 between huffmeister and 1960 is the cheapest place I've found over the years.

my layoff just cut out our annual fireworks show. :(

5. Freik

I read that, i went and looked at the pdf on my local firestations website, mentioned the ban, but nothing about fireworks, just commercial burning, even said you can have campfires and bon fires still.

6. Freik

Im in Harris county, but spring city limits, im about 3 miles north of IAH near Carters Country.

There are stands all over around my house, i usually buy out of the dealers trunk, but paid alot for the fireworks out of the stands.

Last year we started the show around 11pm and it lasted for almost 2 straight hours. i just buy a bunch of the cakes and the small pyro show ones.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if we dont' get rain by july 4th, i can pretty well assure you that amateurs will not be allowed to shoot off fireworks. the big fireworks shoes will happen, though.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6491079.html

COUNTIES’ DECISIONS
    • COUNTIES: Counties had until June 15 to restrict sales of “skyrockets with sticks” and “missiles with fins” during fireworks season, Wednesday through July 4, if the drought index went above 575. Even after June 15, county judges can ban sales, making it a wait-and-see situation for vendors.

• HOUSTON: Fireworks may be allowed in most unincorporated areas of the county, but they’re prohibited in Houston. An ordinance authorizes a fine of $2,500 per item. During 2008’s July Fourth season, 71 citations were issued.

As July 4 approaches, Michael Girdley is praying for rain.

The president of Alamo Fireworks, based in China Grove, is worried a summer drought could lead to a fireworks ban in Harris County, one of Girdley’s biggest markets.

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

More on the burn ban...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6493802.html

9. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

This.
    Its also one on 59 eastex close to Mt Houston. I'm not sure of the pricing because I haven't been there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=fireworks houston texas&sa=N&tab=vl

10. Fatty FatBastard

Oh, I agree. Fireworks shoes must continue!

[​IMG]

http://www.zazzle.com/wicked_awesome_shoes-167919258056118467

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

What about Galveston area? I hear Crystal beach is always a hot spot, but after a hurricane, I hear the place does not exist anymore?

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I make lovely fireworks with your mom for free.