1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHAZ] Seattle Autonomous Zone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 11, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

read the article in my thread

2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Austin will be the new Seattle , can y’all build the space needle, I’ll come visit I’m ok with Austin being left leaning, but I draw a line for CHOP zones . Actually nvm , those are Fun as long as it’s not in my city and in liberal cities to watch the summer of love unfold while I laugh

generalthade_03 likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

A mob is dangerous. Just claiming you are protesters isn't enough, especially if you are engaging in unlawful activity instead of protest.

Also they were getting on his property, as the picture demonstrates, and I'm pretty sure when you pay for a private gated community it's in part yours and people aren't allowed to just roll up in there. It's not like you can say oh I'm on a sidewalk, I'm not breaking into a private area. Or stomp on someone's lawn. Or hurl threats and crowd around like a pack of wolves. Considering the political climate, they had every right to defend themselves and warn these people. They had every right to brandish their arms. Though, they should get a lesson on how to hold those guns. It was a pathetic display.
    https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/...uns-at-protesters-on-private-property#photo-2

Corrosion and generalthade_03 like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nothing you said changes the fact that their property wasn't in danger. It merely puts words to their fears.

None of the other homes suffered any significant damage and they didn't have the owners outside with guns escalating the tension.

8. ROXRAN

I think part of the problem is the news showing the rioters and what these peaceful protesters may be willing to do to property or innocent lives recently

Corrosion likes this.
  9. ROXRAN

In hindsight, he should have went outside and greeted them with bottle water and let them know he didn’t appreciate people entering private property but he understands the grievance those protesters had . Maybe introduce himself and say some well wishes to be neighborly. That’s what I would have done

sometimes the best way to defeat those you don’t agree with is simply an act of kindness

Newlin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. generalthade_03

How can you ever be taken seriously, if you don’t even comprehend the right of a law-abiding citizen to defend his private property?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People REALLY love this story. If yall dig this, pro tip, checkout the Chicago police scanner audio feed any given Saturday.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. generalthade_03

This is much harder to do and requires some balls of steel. When you see a mob descended into your gated community, fear and panic will normally set in.

I would have done the same except I would let them know, the next gated community they tried this on might turn deadly on them. The problem with the mob is, it would just take one knucklehead to start shiet and all hell would break loose. There’s a reason why people are fearful of a mob.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. ROXRAN

I could watch this all day :) happy July 4th !

Corrosion and KingCheetah like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes fear of others is part of the problem. It is at the root of a lot of problems.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It was definitely time for them to go -- they made their point and were treated respectfully (to the extreme) but they kept it going too long and became annoying to just about everyone still paying attention.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. generalthade_03

Austin is weird and liberal for sure, but nowhere near the communist, anarchist that is Seattle. Austin is still in TX where if you tried some shiet, Bob Wills’ descendants will let you know.

18. likestohypeguy

They should establish a satellite C.H.A.Z. here
    [​IMG]

Hey hey, ho ho, these private streets have got to go

#338 likestohypeguy, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s like one of those commercials for Corona !