1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlotte Riots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably what got him shot.

3. Cohete Rojo

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I knew the guy in Oklahoma was a felon, but it turns out the guy in North Carolina was a felon as well. Since he was a felon in possession of a firearm he was looking at heading back to prison, could be why he didn't want to go peacefully.

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

it is weird but she also stated that he just took his meds at that point they should have went into a different mode to handle this situation even with the possible of him having a gun.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

I found this although it was done in July it tells a tale that police aren't trained well enough to handle some people.
    https://www.statista.com/chart/5211/us-citizens-killed-by-police-2016/

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There was a local police officer shot and killed doing exactly what they were doing only 8 days prior to that incident.....I'm not sure they cared about his meds, they cared about not getting shot.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't understand why people are rioting. Has another video come out? I only saw the one by the woman (wife? mother?) where she tells him repeatedly to get out of the car. He should have listened. From the video I saw, you can't tell if the police did anything right or wrong. You can't tell if he was armed or not. But we do know he wasn't complying with officers and that his own family was screaming for him to do so.

So again...why are people rioting?

How many of these incidents have turned out to be fabricated stories and completely justified shootings by the police?

Police brutality and the treatment of minorities is certainly an issue worth discussing. But you can't use bullsh%t to make your point, or you do far more harm to your message.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Here's the photo of the "book" he was reading when the racist black officer so cruelly gunned him down.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

All cops need tazers. A tazer would do the trick.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I would like to know that he could have been get ready to fight or run who knows until the other video is released this is going to be a hell storm.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

IE better training to handle these kinds of calls like they do here there is one dept the specialize in handling mental cases.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Have you tried to clear up that picture that may not be a gun it could possible be a cell phone but we can tell that it's not a book

14. cml750

cml750 Member

No I wait to form opinions on all of these incidents. My opinion of BLM is from the fact that the whole movement is built on lies.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well given that the cops on the video are telling him to "drop the gun" and they recovered a gun from the scene and it looks like a gun, I'm good with assuming that it was a gun. I think the officers deserve the benefit of the doubt over the multiple felon or his racist family.

16. Cohete Rojo

Given the situation, I don't believe they have the time to stop and talk to her in order to get a complete picture. I mean, as far as they are concerned, she is just a nearby witness - not the verifies wife of the individual holding the gun.

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

When you bring a tazer to a gunfight

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

I want to see the other video .That picture from another poster is not clear and how did another witness get that close when they were telling the wife to back off.

19. Cohete Rojo

Alton Sterling, too. That sort of thing used to be called "suicide by cop" - essentially a no-where-left-to-turn felon, burn-out, etc pushes the cops to the point that they have to shoot in order to defend themselves.

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So he (Scott) had a gun? Or not?

And are you not allowed to carry in front of police officers? Why was he seen as a threat with (or without) a gun?

I haven't been following this or the Tulsa shooting, or the protests/riots in Charlotte.
    I did not realize this incident was 100% unrelated to the initial encounter, which makes it even more messed up.