1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It would be interesting if those guys had a contest to see who's best - a DUEL OVER HEAD CAM - if you will.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Get out.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Both Cade and Jalen suck. Mobley will be a perennial starter but never a star. Scottie Barnes might make an all-star game someday and has the potential to be really good. Other than Alpi it turned out to be a mediocre draft.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade Cunningham is in a completely different tier in comparison to Jalen Green

and at the end of the day, the guy who managed to get worse going from year 2 to year 3 is Jalen Green…meanwhile all the others got better

Green currently rocking career low FG%, 3 point percentage, eFG%, TS%, OBPM and has really shown nothing of note so far this season

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Maybe but I think Cade is ultimately a backup. Good bbiq, but very limited athletically and also is not a very good shooter.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

A backup? C’mon man, stop

only one looking like a backup is Jalen Green

Cade is so limited athletically, yet still shoots higher in the restricted area than Jalen Green

Cade is a 47% midrange shooter and shoots 86% from the line…both significantly better than Jalen

he’s even shooting the 3 better than Jalen Green this year too

Cade is on a horrific team miscast in the Houston Harden/Luka role having to initiate and create everything…Jalen’s been so bad he’s being miscast as just a starter in general

comparing Cade to Green doesn’t have much to do with my original post tho anyways…Cade and several others got better, Jalen got worse this year

maypk likes this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I like Cade but he's kind of like a very rich man's Kyle Anderson - super smart and crafty player which gives him an advantage against the most guys on the court, but ultimately, his physical limitations hold him back from taking over against the very best players but no doubt he will have big games in the right matchups.....and also it's not a great sign that he has missed roughly 100 games so far in his career. The real shame here is that we can't somehow combine Jalen and Cade - now THAT would be a top 10 guy in the league.

rockets1995 and Reeko like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, but we can...

9. MystikArkitect

Would you look at that. Cade is out and the Pistons look competent.

Jalen Green is bad. Cade Cunningham is worse. Watch the games and stop looking at box scores.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao

y’all give it up for the most delusional post of 2024

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t make me start putting the stats for how much better the Rockets look when Green is off the floor or straight up misses the game

some of y’all really can’t be serious

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The delusion continues with Jalen Green on this website, it appears...

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

What does inconsistency with assists and rebounds have to do with growth? Is he really expected to be a high rebound and assist player? No. That’s just icing on the cake of what he hopefully gives the team.

He has improved dramatically on the defensive side of the ball. The effort is there. His D ratings have been solid. He’s capable but it’s up to him.

Has this been a very small sample size? Absolutely. Do I agree with you that Jalen has to show consistency over a prolonged portion of the season? Yes without question.

Am I convinced that Jalen is going to be able to be a real difference maker in this league. Not yet.

All that said, Jalen does look different right now. It’s totally up to him if he is to take the next step.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I know it seems like with me posting 3 times now that I’m 100 in on Jalen. I’m not. I just want to be fair with what we’ve seen as late.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

16. MystikArkitect

Rockets are worse with Green in.

But they aren't longest losing streak of all time bad like a certain somebody. Bet you also thought Christian Wood and KPj were good because they put up semi efficient stats. The fact that you think Cade is a starter level player is funny and sad.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s not just inconsistency in assists and rebounds…it is inconsistency in basically every single part of his game

the team defense improves by a whopping +7.9/100 with Jalen Green off the court…no other starter comes all that close…Jalen Green is still below average on defense with small periods where he makes some defensive plays

In what way does he look different? Because of these last 2 games? I don’t see how that conclusion can be made at this point in time until he has shown something for a prolonged period

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Defensive rating for a single game?

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

You’re still trying to double and triple down? Wallow in your delusion, I don’t really care anymore. I’m not about to have a serious convo about something ridiculous like Jalen Green being better than Cade…none of that sh*t even has anything to do with what my original point was

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Killian Hayes - Pistons
    Jaren Jackson - Suns now out of the league
    Cam Reddish - Lakers
    Davion Mitchell - Kings
    James Wiseman - Pistons
    James Bouknight - Hornets

Scoot Henderson advanced Stats is Horrible

Compared these players to Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green they are keepers.

Jalen Green getting used to playing in a Real NBA System for the First Time in his Career. He deserves a Pass. He is struggling getting used to play off ball. One thing is not helping is Fred VanVleet shooting way too much and not passing to Jalen. Fred VanVleet is a liability defensively. Fred VanVleet I believe will be traded after next season. Amen Thompson hopefully is ready by then.

Amen Thompson needs to develop quickly to play alongside Jalen Green. Amen is needed defensively with Jalen Green in the backcourt. Amen shooting needs work.

Carpe82 likes this.