1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. AmenTheSuperstar

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Jalenatics

[​IMG]

#1441 AmenTheSuperstar, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    OnNotice likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

IIRC, the second year was kind of the same. Somehow, he plays poorly in the first half of a season and then up his game in the second half only to revert back to poor play at the beginning of the next season. Very weird trajectory.

topfive likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade Cunningham got better…Scottie Barnes got better…Suggs got better…Kuminga got better

Jalen just had to be the one who managed to get worse

his drives to the rim are just sad now…any contact from the defender, and he gets completely discombobulated

it’s an automatic turnover, block, or miss atp

OremLK, ROXTXIA, GotGame15 and 7 others like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

hey , sometimes he gets calls..

he’s learning how to flop on defense too

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think Chapter 10 is "Improve as a basketball player." Jalen just hasn't made it to that chapter yet. Give it another 3 years.

Denovo, Downtown Sniper and J Rock like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’ve kind of been on the trade Jalen side here for a while. I’m taking it back for now unless they get a nice haul.

Jalen is playing with confidence on offense and I’ve seen him do some nice things on the defensive side of the ball too. It is possible that his growth is starting to take place.

#1446 mikol13, Jan 27, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    topfive and BallSoHarden like this.
  7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I hope we don't get deceived again when Jalen puts up some big games post All Star break like he normally does. 2/3rds of teams towards the end of the season are either tanking or resting for the playoffs so you get random bursts of scoring from players that usually are dog water. I remember especially in the last 15 games of the season, you had some teams pretty much running G league squads and you had random players like Kenneth Lofton Jr put up 42 points.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The usual suspects.....

I would not say deception but I do not think middle of the pack teams are tanking this hard now.....

They are playing for better Playoff/Play In seeds.....

Jalen sucks in winter months.......that was clear to me these past few years.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Green is the only pick where I regret we dont have Mobley, Barnes, Cunningham. I still think we are set up well.

blue_eyed_devil and Plowman like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I can assure you many will be deceived.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Again you can tell who spent the offseason working on their craft and who just took their natural gift for granted. F' those posts that say just because we don't see it on his instagram doesn't mean he isn't doing it. He should be practically living in a gym bulking and getting stronger. He should be there so much, if anyone wants to find news about him they have to find him in a gym.
    I think most of us that just started our dream career job, buried ourselves in our work until we made it.
    When I first started cooking, I know I worked at three diff restaurants for years with no days off to perfect my craft. He should be alot stronger and alot more polished as a year 3 player.

Plowman likes this.
  12. OpportunityCost

Jalen just doesn't seem like he has that competitive spirit in him.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both Cams did a number on Green?

Cam Thomas and Cam Whitmore.......and Cam Johnson was injured.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not buying any growth from Jalen until I see genuine improved play sustained for several weeks

if he’s miraculously finishing well at the rim 1 game, he’s gone 1-7 from deep…if he’s shooting it well from three in another game, he’s doing his usual turnovers/misses/blocks when driving to the rim

he’s randomly had 2 straight 10 rebound games, but had a total of 7 rebounds in 99 minutes of game time the 3 games prior

he might have 5 assists in 1 game, then follow it up with 3, 0, and 2 assists the next 3 games…then randomly have 7 assists

that’s basically the Jalen Green experience atp…nothing is consistently good, and he doesn’t give us any signs that he’s starting to put it together

15. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

LOVED Jalens aggressiveness last night, keep shooting and attacking the basket young FELLA!

16. MystikArkitect

Cade returned to the Pistons and they look like **** again. He might legitimately be worse than Kevin Porter Jr.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen had that 5 game stretch in December where he went 22-47 from deep…then went 13-73 from deep the next 11 games before going 4-9 from three last night (but just 1-5 from 2 point range because of course)

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure what point you’re trying to make…the Pistons will always look like sh*t

Cade Cunningham got better this season and is easily a better player than Jalen Green

19. MystikArkitect

Jalen Green in Cade's place and the Pistons are a better team. Cade is "better" than Jalen but worse for your basketball team. And that's saying alot because Jalen *sucks*. He is slow, a bad decision maker and turnover prone.

Ivey/Jalen is a much better backcourt than Ivey/Cade or Cade/Jalen.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

I had to stop reading right there

c’mon man…

maypk likes this.