1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF "Smeg" Fantasy Footy Draft (Starts: Aug. 15th)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great idea, but unfortunately I can't put people on different timers and history shows doing too many manual changes with the time through draft can screw things up some. So I am left with two options, shortening the time for everyone way down or put the continual slowpokes on autopick (even though I hate to do that, because we all know how well that works sometimes, even when you rank players), but I need to make it fair for those that are picking quicker. The tough thing, due to my fault, is I believe we got off to a little bit of a late start for the draft, so speed is important to finish.

If we end up having to go down the autopick route for some, which I hope is not the case, I will always be able to substitute the pick for them barring that player is available when you tell me.

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I had been planning to e-mail fanstar for a while now to ask about them possibly implementing this feature for the future. Being able to put people on different timers due to time elapses would end up solving a whole lot of problems IMO.

3. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Would be good, but we are probably the only idiots to draft like this.......even though, outside of these time elapses.....I enjoy it.

Fade, I emailed you the league password in case I am out.......

4. Rocketball

Supporting Member

nWo34 time ran out, so that makes three so far with 1 strike to their name (Sam, nW0, and Jent)

I selected nWo the next best available according to ESPN, Clinton Portis......

I am only doing that for the first round, after that you will have to do it after the fact...........Dakota you are up.

Is everyone in favor of going to 4 hours starting in round 2?

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

aye.

6. fadeaway

I have no problem with that.

7. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

How was I the only manager of the three that had time elapse to have his pick skipped? I would have taken Addai. The fact that it happened to three folks may have been an indication that people didn't know it had started yet.

8. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

that aside...thanks for the pick Rook! Could have been alot worse.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ryan Grant GB -RB

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Terrell Owens WR Dallas 1st pick 2nd round

11. fadeaway

I went ahead and entered it for you on the site. For future reference, we usually do it in both places -- both in this thread and on the league website.
    :)

Nice pickin' btw.

12. Rocketball

Supporting Member

To be honest, I would have given you Addai, but when I logged on and saw your time elapsed, he was already picked by the next team, so I had to go with the next on my list.....felt for the first round you could not be skipped and needed someone.

Now to be fair, I have emailed everyone a few times when their pick was up to try and help them out.

To be completely honest 2 out of the 3 whose time elapsed have already posted in this thread, which means they knew about the draft, hence this is the draft thread.

13. Rocketball

Supporting Member

We have moved to 4 hours between picks..........

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm guessing that Rook wasn't around at 2 in the morning to pick a player for you ... I'm sure there was no malicious intent.

As for the time elapse issue, it doesn't seem fair to change the rules mid-draft and double penalize those of us who forgot the draft started. And the penalty of an autopicked draft (meaning basically a terrible team for the season) seems a stiff enough penalty anyway. I said I was sorry. :(

15. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Since you apologized and I am a nice guy, we will let things start fresh after this first round, now that everyone should be aware the draft is starting., The 2 strike penalty was the only thing I could thing of to keep it going, since we are starting the draft a tad late, so we finish. It would be better if I could penalize time, but I can't with fanstar...........so this was next best option, if there is better ideas I'm definitely open.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We all know how long these drafts can last. We're already in week 2 of the preseason.

I think for the sake of starting the season on time, we need to implement certain rules.

Again this is mostly the Rook's fault for not getting off his duff and getting things started earlier. :p

17. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I second that, the Rook is a complete moron!!!!

18. fadeaway

nwo took Maurice Jones-Drew. Was that an auto-pick?

I'm taking Tony Romo, but I'm going to end up feeling pretty stupid if Carson Palmer makes it back to me in the 3rd. Can't risk it, though.

19. Rocketball

Supporting Member

PSJ took M. Lynch

Jent took L. Johnson

Sam is up..........

20. Rocketball

Supporting Member

No he is not on autopick, he must have done it.