1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF - Smeg Fantasy Footy 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Want to find out who will be back for another year of fantasy football and then if we need anyone to fill a spot, let us know if you would be interested.

Here are the ones who played last year (highlighted red are in):

Rook
    Moe
    Rockets34
    Pete C
    Fade
    Ziggy
    Sam
    Thame
    Jent
    PSJ
    Smeg
    Longhorn

Website (will be renewed shortly):

http://www.fftwelve.com/football/clutchcity/index.php

We will set the draft date and draft order shortly, any suggestions on a start date, let me know?

Also, if you want to make any changes to the rules or site, please let me know now so we can put it to a vote, before the draft starts.....otherwise we won't make any changes.

Lastly, we had talked about making this a keeper type league - do we still want to do that and if so any suggestions on how to best implement that.

#1 Rocketball, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I'm down if there is an open spot

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I'm back.

I haven't really had experience with keeper leagues

I like having the draft every year and coming up with a new team.

But that is just me..

4. SK34

SK34 Member

I didn't see your thread so I made one which said..

Lets play Fantasy Footbal.. We can play on Espn.com or Nfl.com (TBD) Lets get at least 16 people to play.. Make it interesting by doing something with the tip jar bet.. Or just to play, put somemoney in the tip jar bet thingy so there will be less chances of people quitting the league because their team sucks and they are losing miserably.. Any Ideas on how to involvethetip jarbets?

So far I've got these people willing to play..

1. shayan 2. Jd88 3. Hicklander 4. The Law 5. TreeRollins

so if you got spot for 5 more. It will be awesome.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Count me in

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I'm down. Lemme know.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'll be back.

Would prefer a non-keeper. Also, just to avoid any potential controversy, I would suggest entering the e-mail addresses into the random draft order generator this time.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm available. If you guys need a filler.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm back, y'all need someone crazy like me who will keep on fighting when they only have 2 wins and a Hillis/CJ backfield. I like the idea of a keeper but I'll let you vets figure it out.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm willing to do a keeper league, just because I've never done one before.

As fade mentioned, we need a legit drawing. email addresses entered, or make a youtube video of the lottery.

I'd be willing to do that, I just don't want to hear any b****ing about draft position.

12. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Really guys has it come down to that, in all the years we have done these leagues - the draft order was done by the commish on the side with no complaints. I have been near the bottom in most of those and have never complained, after all for me this just fun thing to do with my CF's friends. In the end I can do a random one with emails.....

As for keepers, one thing we do in another league that is a lot of fun is allow each team (if they want) to Franchise at least one player from their squad for the next year, in doing so they lose their first round pick (that franchise player becomes their first round pick in a sense). Now we give each owner 2 Franchise tags (1 defensive Franchise tag) they can use in a two year period, therefore you can use both in one year (first/second round picks would be lost) or split them, one for each year (just loss of first round picks) - after the two years if not used they are lost and it starts over. We also in our league make you put more money in the pot if you use them, but that would not be applicable in this league............it is a fun twist. I think this year we should implement something like that......sometimes that allows for more trading (in my other league, they are trade able assets to include in a trade).

#12 Rocketball, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't take it personal, I'm not the one who has ever made accusations.

I just think it would shut up some people who seem to think they get shafted.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never cared about it, but now I just like the idea of a video being created in general. Raise the stakes.

15. RedNation

If someone doesn't show, do I get in since I posted here first or do you guys have people already who are fillers.

Seems like I have to hope 1 of 4 people don't show

16. Rocketball

Supporting Member

You can be sure a video won't be created, don't want to see my ugly mug anyways.......will do it by email, using emails on the FF site........will do that right before the draft, once the date is set.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, videos, like The League. Let me know when it's done, thanks.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Count me in again, PSJ.

Good times.

I like Keeper Leagues. I like Franchising players. And I like a penalty if you choose to franchise player. In football good chance a bad draft will set you back a while with a lot of keepers. So much harder to recover than say in baseball. Game either way.

It's on like Donkey Kong.

19. RedNation

3 left. Hoping 1 forgets :grin:

20. Rocketball

Supporting Member

To clarify how the Franchise Tag works if we are to implement it:

1. You get 2 Franchise Tags to use in a two year period of time, as well as 1 defensive only Franchise Tag.
    2. If you Franchise a player for the upcoming year only, you lose your first round pick in the draft (basically your franchise player is your first round pick).
    3. If you use both franchise tags in one season, you lose your first round pick and second round pick.
    4. If you decide to use a defensive Franchise tag (do not have to) you lose a fourth round pick (defensive player will be pick). If you trade for and get multiple defensive tags, additional ones go in 8th and 10th round.
    5. These Franchise tags are trade-able during the season (For example, I could trade say Matt Schaub and my franchise tag, for Tom Brady).
    6. If you trade for Franchise tags you are limited to use only three in one season - first three picks.
    7. You have to announce if you are using the Franchise Tag a day prior to announcing draft order - otherwise first pick would basically be getting a free Franchise tag - making for a little gamble.

There are other variations of this, but really adds a little bit more excitement to the league and usually results in a few more trades to be made - especially by the teams willing to risk everything for the current season.