1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CF Fans Smeg Fantasy Footy 2013

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Prefer offline as well

2. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys,

I apologize, been extremely busy between vacation and starting a new job, but will have the league set up tomorrow and the draft order set as well - be using the emails I have for everyone to verify draft order is legit. The draft will be a slow draft and will start on Saturday (the 17th) at 12PM........should be done well before the 5th of September, the first game.

I have looked at both NFL.com website and Yahoo, I really like the NFL one better, though ESPN is not bad either.

I am also still waiting to hear back from Smeg to see if he is playing he is the only one left who has not committed on coming back.

Keepers is pretty much a split.....so no matter what I do, I piss off half the group, gotta love that. Really thinking we should make it a keeper league moving forward, but start fresh this year with a regular draft...with keepers costing draft picks moving forward.

3. Pete Chilcutt

NFL.com is not a bad option and the 17th works for me.

Thanks for setting this up again Rook.

I still don't see how we voted on keepers last season and this season we are not able to have that option that was voted on...

We already began the process of keepers last season...so what is the point in starting fresh when everyone here kept one player last season and went into the draft knowing about keepers...

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Can we start the draft on a weekday, preferably the following Monday? I rarely have time to check the webz on weekends until night and most of us are logged in all week while at work. Just sayin' as it would speed up the start of the draft much faster than a weekend start time.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I would prefer Yahoo, but I guess I can try either NFL.com or ESPN.com. Whatever the league wants...

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Without having the seen the big 4 ( ESPN, NFL, CBS, Yahoo ), my understanding is that Yahoo is the best. But not many reviews to be found I'd go with Yahoo this year and then next year maybe try something else for a comparison like nfl.com.

7. Rocketball

Supporting Member

That's fine will do Yahoo...........not a fan, but everybody else likes it, so that's what will do.

8. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Draft Order (should have been emailed to you):

1 - Pete
    2 - Ziggy
    3 - Longhorn
    4 - Fade
    5 - Jent
    6 - Rockets34
    7 - PSJ
    8 - Sam
    9 - Moe
    10 - Rook
    11 - Smeg
    12 - Flash

It looks like people want to keep the keeper since that was what we were planning...so everyone gets 1 Keeper for this year. Moving forward you will have the option to keep 0, 1, or 2 keepers, but they will cost you a draft pick - based on where they were drafted (all keepers this year will cost you your 1st round pick next year if you keep them). Ill set up the league site later today and explain all the rules as well.....

Looks like we will start the draft Monday Morning instead (for our boy LH) at 8AM CDT (4 hours between picks)...........

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who was on my team last year? My best player was like Fred Davis or something? I own one of Moe's picks if we're continuing things from last year but I forget which (Leshoure trade - I believe his 7th for my 10th).

Also, I'll be using every last millisecond of my 4hr window just to antagonize LHF and the rest of y'all jabronis.

#89 Ziggy, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  10. Rockets34Legend

Ugh.....middle of the draft order. Can someone post who had what for keepers? I forgot mine.

11. Pete Chilcutt

Finally something above the 9th pick!

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hey at least your not dead last. Boo-hoo! Time to whine and cry!!!! :(

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Who has a 2nd keeper option better than Fred Davis, Bill Gramatica or Kellen Clemons (my best players) I can trade a pick in exchange for keeper rights for? Pete? Fade?

14. Rockets34Legend

I think I had AP All Day for my keeper from looking at the Fanstar site.... :)

15. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I sent everyone a link to the league site, however i still need to set it all up and will do that later. If you didn't get the email, the following link should work: http://y.ahoo.it/SwhKnxCU

16. LonghornFan

Lulz.

I also get a fifth rounder this year as well. I was looking through last years thread.

Ziggy got Moes-

17. LonghornFan

Can someone post my team or the link to the site from last year? I switched computers at work and no longer have the link.

NM- Found it through the Fades Baseball link. JFC that team, I don't even have a real keeper.

#97 LonghornFan, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll be keeping Drew Brees as he's pretty much the only player on my team that would even qualify for plausible keepability.

Jamma.

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

2012 Smeg League

I have Marshawn Lynch available if someone wants to trade for a keeper. Zig or whoever, send me an email through the board.

20. Pete Chilcutt

I might have Alfred Morris or AJ Green available if anyone wants

Also Jamaal Charles is available for the right price