1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CC.net Trade Discussion Thread - Regular Season Style

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Band Geek Mobster, May 18, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Castor,

Would you be interested in something like Stockton, Anthony Mason for Peja, Joe Smith? It could get you a very solid true PG, and you get a pretty good PF and/or SF.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am not ready to deal Peja just yet. I would really like to see what he gives my team.

CK

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage
    For stats, standings and team information.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know--I dont intend on dealing Dooling for cookie crumbs. Some of the offers I have recieved have been pretty pathetic, and some have been decent, so dont assume anything if you've had trade talks with me....But seriously folks, I know Dool plays on the Clips and gets a lot of minutes...but honestly, he probably is in the top 4 or 5 in assists around the league and scores 17 a game, I'm not going to give him up for a couple of bench warmers or 40 year olds.

Thank you.

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Sir, just curious, was my offer decent or do you think it sucked ass? I just throw trade ideas out there and sometimes they are bad for me, sometimes they are bad for the other party involved, and every once in a while they are pretty good all-around [​IMG] I usually expect a counter offer or a refusal. At least you know I am somewhat interested.

BTW, what are his current numbers? all I know are his preseason stats.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited May 24, 2001).]

5. Band Geek Mobster

I bet your offer sucked ass Vescey...

------------------
    "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

6. Heath

Heath Member

I guess my offer was not of the worst as you decided to come back and talk to me, but you still opted to keep him.

I'm still interested in finding a deal with you, but with Nash producing better as good as he does Dooling don't have to be a part of the deal.

Are you dealing your picks?

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

7. SirCharlesFan

CK--its not that your trade is that bad, but I just dont see giving up that much youth and making a big enough improvement to trade Dooling for Anthony.

I am still interested in trading my picks, heath. Especially the rookie ones. I'd be interested in packaging those two picks for 1 higher pick if possible.

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

8. kbm

kbm Member

JohnnyRocket,

Darius Miles
    Clippers 1st Rounder in common draft
    Clippers 1st Rounder in rookie draft
    Jazz 2nd Rounder in common Draft

for

Hill
    New York 2nd rounder in common draft

------------------
    I am an invisible man.

9. The Voice of Reason

Sir Charles, and EVERYONE ELSE!!

I am lookinf to move my common draft picks. I am willing to move my 2nd round common pick next season as well as both my 1st and 2nd round picks the next year. I am after rookie picks.

I am also willing to part with some players. not any of my starters, well not unless it was an intelligent well thought out deal that was mutually beneficial.

I want to hve multiple rookie picks when its all sdaid and done and I also want higher picks than I wil likely have if possible.

whyam I willing to levrage the farm on youth and the future?? well i have a team that is pretty old, and I will be doing a complete overhall next off season. I still think I can win this year, so I am gonna work with y picks and roll players in order to set myself up for next off season. after the playoffs i will than start moving my stars around.

so anyone willing to trade rookie picks?? I want them you have them. I am willing to give awayANY of my future picks!!!!

thanks

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

10. Band Geek Mobster

What would you give me for my rookie pick?

------------------
    "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

11. SirCharlesFan

VOR--I have two rookie picks this year, the Nets and The Raps. Do you have any picks for this years common draft?

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

12. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I thought the Cat said we couldnt trade picks for more then just this year b/c the draft situation isnt worked out yet.

------------------
    ~John~
    Help keep the obsessed thread alive post the reasons why you are an obsessed Rockets fan by clicking here

13. The Voice of Reason

BGM

do you want a player or a future pick??

if a future pick, maybe a 2nd rounder. we would probably do some scrub player swaping too [​IMG] I know how our trades tend to get interesting.

I will probably und up with dirk again, and somehow give you kidd [​IMG]

i hope you know Im kidding about dirk and kidd [​IMG]

basicly i see your pick as being probably one better than mine. like the 20th or something. so its not that good of one. but of cource im interested

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

[This message has been edited by The Voice of Reason (edited May 24, 2001).]

14. The Voice of Reason

I have my 2nd round pick in the common draft. I am interested in both your pick sir charles.
    I have pleanty of players that would make immediate impacts on your team as well.

as far as future years picks I was under the inpression that next year was also a 2 round draft. after that is gets a little tricky. Im sure heath knows.

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

Rookie picks are worth more than common draft picks.

Ill trade you mine for your 1st and 2nd Round Picks.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

16. Band Geek Mobster

I've got his first round pick.

[​IMG]

You don't really have anyone that interests me VOR.

Also I don't think the future common draft problems have been resolved yet so I don't know if it's safe to assume we'll have the same 2 round draft we'll have after this season.

------------------

17. Heath

Heath Member

The rookie draft this year is only 1 round. If we want to draft another round fron the players coming into the NBA this year we will add them as a rookie draft later.

The next common draft will be the same as it was this year. After that it will be toned down. We might still have 2 rounds but we will get to give up players from our top 7-8was Cats thoughts I think. It was also an option to do only 1 round,but I think that would be from year 5 or so. But to keep safe do not trade 2nd rounders for the 4th/5th year yet.

------------------
    The CC.net NBA Sim Board/Homepage

18. The Voice of Reason

nomar, we all know that you are crazy by the way you make trades.

with your record, your pick would be right in the middle of the draft.

if you think that your one pick in the middle of the draft would be better than a toni kukoc(BGM snagged him at the end of the first round) as well as another solid player.

ok good luck to you.

I am still interested in any rookie picks, but not at the crazy price nomar is asking

peace

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

19. The Voice of Reason

ok, so with what heath said, that means tht I have my current 2nd round pick as well as my 1, and 2 pick from next years common draft. I have several players(basicly all my bench)available.
    All i am after is rookie picks

thanks, lunch is now over

PEACE

------------------
    Hanta-Force Paintball
    www.hanta-force.com

20. Nomar

Nomar Member

What trades have i made that are crazy.

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?