1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CC.net questions - Preseason and zones

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Band Geek Mobster, May 2, 2001.

1. Band Geek Mobster

When's preseason going to start?

How will you set up the schedule?

How long's it going to be?

What kind of defenses can we use?

I kind of would like to know the different zones available so I can think about my defense, we can also use defenses like full court and halfcourt trap right?

Is it possible to set up your team to break more?

Like my bench is so deep, that I don't care if my starting 5 gets tired b/c I can just reload.

Do young players develop faster as starters?

Also does the sim recognize a hot player?

Like lets say my 6th man is lighting it up, will the sim recognize that and leave him in the game longer instead of just replacing him whenever the starter is rested?

I think those are all of my questions for now.

Thanks

Oh yeah, this is THE QUESTION THREAD

Put it in your sig Heath. [​IMG]

------------------
    Anesthesia, Mona Lisa
    I've got a little gun here comes oblivion
    I never loved you, how did you find me?
    The cops will never prove complicity, now Annaaaaa
    Allllll goooood childreeeen go to Heaveeeeen

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited May 02, 2001).]

2. Heath

Heath Member

This is not answers but my take:

------------------
    Join the CC.net NBA Sim

-------------------------
    Rosters & Stats - Stat requests & Stats - Trade Discussions - Official Trades - Draftinfo

3. Heath

Heath Member

I would but other GMs just create new threads anyway and don't use the roster and stats thread as planned [​IMG] I guess we should have had you do all the rosters and stats - one for each division as you planned. [​IMG]

btw I'm just kidding - I'm not mad - I'm just becoming the Mango of the Fantasy forum. [​IMG]

------------------
    Join the CC.net NBA Sim

Rosters & Stats - Stat requests & Stats - Trade Discussions - Official Trades - Draftinfo

4. Heath

Heath Member

Ok. Question. With Jamma joining and taking another team what will you do now? I guess you have room for him and even Lil Pun before anything drastic has to be done - but they missed the draft - and should perhaps get something extra. Thoughts?

------------------
    Join the CC.net NBA Sim

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

My thoughts : Allow them a supplamental draft from the unowned teams. Two picks apiece.

------------------
    Founder and President of the Houston Homers Club(HHC) - Are you a homer? Join now!

The Rockets will be NBA champions. Believe.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Heath,

You can get the answer for that in the thread I made for PSJ.

BGM,

When's preseason going to start?

Late next week, after you guys have a week offseason. It will probably last 3 days.

How long's it going to be?

7-8 games per team.

What kind of defenses can we use?

Pretty much everything as far as I know, unless its something very scarce.

I kind of would like to know the different zones available so I can think about my defense, we can also use defenses like full court and halfcourt trap right?

You can do full court, half court, and 3/4 court traps.

Is it possible to set up your team to break more?

Not sure on this one... I will check later. It usually breaks as far as starters, benchies, on how the score is. (close game or blowout)

Do young players develop faster as starters?

I can't be sure, but I think so on this... in previous franchise modes I've had some younger guys really develop as starters for my team. And you can't get a good handle on how quick they are developing if they're off the bench.

Also does the sim recognize a hot player?
    Like lets say my 6th man is lighting it up, will the sim recognize that and leave him in the game longer instead of just replacing him whenever the starter is rested?

Yes and yes, the sim notes hot players on a game by game basis. If you guys want, I can list the hot players with the standings for the upcoming season.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor, Jason Collier, and draft Richard Jefferson fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000328.html

7. Heath

Heath Member

I had a couple of Q's?

What defense will the teams with no GM use this year. Will the computer use a standard zone or something? Or will it depend from team to team, and even opponent? Will some teams opt to play mano to mano, or will you Cat have to set the defense for those teams?

Another question that will come into affect later - if I during the season play 2 players that I feel produce the "same" and enter the playoffs. Will playoff experience make a veteran step it up while a fresh player in playoffs might falter? I'm talking about Swift if that makes it easier to answer the question - a player that has not seen the playoffs in either real life or simlife. Even Carter and Webber in the real NBA seems to not do as good in the playoffs as the regular season. I know that the game probably has a rating for playoff production contra regular season production, but I wondered if an unproven player have a chance to step it too?

------------------
    Join the CC.net NBA Sim

8. The Cat

Heath,

The non-GM teams will be on what every team will be on unless I am told otherwise, which is auto. The computer observes the situation of the game, time, etc. and decides which defense is best to use, and it changes every few minutes typically. Sometimes man to man, sometimes zone, sometimes press, just like the real NBA will be-- depends on the situation. I'm just making the zone an option-- not a requirement that every team will use or do.

Unproven players definitely have a good shot in the playoffs... there are a number of ratings and just pure luck that play into it. For example, before this year's playoffs, Michael Finley had hardly even smelled the postseason. Look at what he did for the Mavs for the postseason... he almost singlehandedly brought them that title.

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor, Jason Collier, and draft Richard Jefferson fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

9. Heath

Heath Member

A preseason Q:

Players that get injured during the preseason will they be injured for the start of the season? If a player get a 2 week injury in the last preseason game - how long will it be in simmed days before the season starts - meaning even if we start the season the day after we have done our last preseason game, would it be hope that injuries get healed some before the seasons start. And how much healing time is there?How many sim days from last preseason game to the season start.

What is the worst injury we have gotten in the sim so far? Is there chances that a injury in the sim can get pretty bad (a 1 year thing or career ending) Whats the worst injury you have seen doing simming? (not only the CC.net sim) Does bad injuries happen often? (out more than 2-3 weeks)

btw way I did not keep starters out of preseason games for this reason. But can saving them from injury be an added bonus?

------------------
    Join the CC.net NBA Sim

10. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This doesn't have anything to do with preseason or zones but since it is the Question Thread I guess I will post this here and hopefully make Heath happy [​IMG]

Does anyone know what version of NBA Live for PS that Cat is using. Is it Live 2000 or Live 2001?

CK

11. The Cat

Preseason injuries won't count toward the regular season. The longest injury there was last year was 7 weeks, which was Tony Battie I think. The majority of injuries, however, are just the 5-10 day variety.

Castor,

I'm using Live 2001... although as I've said before, a good deal of the player ratings are different due to their performance this season, etc.

------------------

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't really want to recreate it I just want to try some simming stuff myself. I think it would be fun to try out my hand at it.I also would like to look at how it sets up offense and defense to give me an idea of what I would like to do with my team.

CK

13. The Cat

Castor,

Just start up a game, go to team strategy, and you'll see all the offenses/defenses minus some of the zones, which I downloaded the code for (all the zones) from an online site.

------------------

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks
    BTW you might want to weigh in on the discussion in the PSJ thread.