1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carter and Arenas Top the All-Disappointment Team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OldSchool34, Jan 16, 2010.

1. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../disappointment.team/index.html#ixzz0cnxSKiQO

They should have switched Okur with Dwight, but they continue to overrate Dwight.

2. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

It's beyond comprehension that Howard still has no post moves...as far as the rest of the list it seems on point to me.

3. Francis 4 ever

T-mac, Wade, Richard Jefferson, shaq, Josh Howard, Kevin Martin, Yao, Rubio, oden, number 1 pick whose last name escapes me.

4. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

Is this article based on this season alone? If so, understandable, but otherwise Gilbert is a second-round pick who emerged into a perennial all-star until injuries derailed him and the Wiz.

T-Mac a much larger disappointment to me...and Charlie V? Who the hell cares? Who did he disappoint? Someone more like Kwame Brown or Andrei Kirilenko for all-time disappointment, IMO.

5. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

They're talking about players this year, and you have Rubio, T-mac and Yao on there?

Yao is out for the entire season and hasn't played a game, so how do we know he is a dissapointment on the court?

T-mac has not even been given a chance. He played 8 minutes straight for a few games. That's not even showcasing him.

Rubio. What are you talking about?

6. Francis 4 ever

and does that not disappoint you? what the hell are you talking about?

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's obvious that list is referring to disappointing performances this season (actual play in the game). I think that's what he is talking about..

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think what he means is.... this list is for players who have actually played and not shown their "all". Some of the players you listed though haven't played or played limited minutes so you can't really judge them.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

well you pretty much dont have expectations for players already not playing.. so what da hell are you talking about? does it disappoint you that Yao Ming on crutches does not drop 20 and 10 every night?

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

When they were expected to not play or be coming back from injury, it's called meeting low expectations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappointment

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with Carter and Arenas.

Though, I wonder about the Okur, Ford, and Charlie V. Where they all that good to begin with. Okur did average 17 ppg, but is he really a top 5 or 7 center. I argue not, even though he has been in an all-star game (but as a result of an injured Yao Ming).

Boris Diaw's numbers in Phoenix were obviously inflated by system, especially going to a Larry Brown offense in aftermath. I can almost say the same Turkoglu.

I almost don't think Dwight should be on the list, because those who actually watch the games know his offense isn't greatest attribute of his game. Many of us, especially on this site, have said he was overrated to begin with in that he hasn't developed an offensive repertoire and even watching him play in the Finals. He's a solid all-star center, perhaps the best in the game. Of course. But is he, far and away, the best center in the game or even more a dominant, definitely not.

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

carter? was nique considered "top all disappointment" in his time? (not the least bit of a carter fan, btw).

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The fact that Tmac isn't on there means the media thinks he's washed up.

14. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

No it doesn't disappoint me because the numbers that Yao Ming, Mcgrady, and Rubio put up in the NBA this season is what everyone expects of them, since they are basically not playing. So basically, there are no expectations of these guys until they actually play. If Yao comes back and continues to put up 0 points and 0 rebounds a game, then I will be disappointed.

15. Francis 4 ever

So you're trying to tell me you weren't disappointed when the Rocket's went from "who can we pillage" to "should we be tanking?"

You weren't disappointed when the two most hyped up players in the draft seasons were called before they started?

Do you not understand what expectations are?

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Dwight pretty much reached his peak last season...He's been in the league for 6 years now. This is as good as its gonna get for Dwight.

When we look back to this era, most people will say Yao > Dwight or Yao = Dwight.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I suppose almost all of us were disappointed on some level but like it was said before, the list refers to players that are actually playing this season, not out with an injury. Stop being difficult.

18. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

+1000;