1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cars] Recommend a Good Body Shop

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by H-Town Info, Nov 12, 2011.

1. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Well, my Hyundai Genesis got rear-ended by some college kid who wasn't paying attention going probably 20-25mph hit me while I was at a complete stop in traffic. He had admitted fault and everything. Now his insurance came to appraise my Genesis yesterday with likely need a new rear bumper, new muffler, exhaust, hopefully little to no suspension damage, and maybe new electronic head restraints for my front seats (the best thing to avoid whiplash)

This is my first time having my car need body work done, can any of you guys recommend a good shop for to fix it? Don't matter how long it takes but want to just perfect and milk his insurance for what's it worth.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

What part of town are you in?

3. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Live in Pearland and but can also go around southwest as well.

Just want a really good job well done. That's my only concern, so distance really isn't it a factor. Just not paying a cent for the damages.

4. Relentless

Relentless Member

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think you can go to just about any fancy repair center and get it done right, afterall, the insurance will likely pay out based on similar rates. The question is, would you rather get it done right at a smaller place, and instead pocket the difference?

6. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

maybe

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Aquilina on Dallas is about as good as they get. Very highly recommended by me.

8. codell

I would recommend Sterling McCall Restoration Center in SW Houston (they are the collision repair center for Toyota & Lexus). See Harold Witte when you go in. He is the director there and I have known him for most of my career. I can vouch for the fact that their techs are well trained.

If you are looking to profit from the loss, then you can pretty much go wherever. Just remember, you get what you pay for in the collision repair business.

If you want your vehicle fixed right, make sure and just give the shop the copy of the insurance appraisal. You won't profit, but you can be assured that you won't have to pay anything out of pocket.

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Check out the Main Street body shop in Pearland. Its on 35, across the street from Whataburger. I have taken 2 cars there in the past for major work and a few more for minor touch ups. I was satisfied with the work and the prices are crazy low. If you want to make some money from the insurance payment at least go to this place and get an estimate.

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

I got this same recommendation too from one of my co-workers as well. Do they also replace the muffler and exhaust as well or they just do the replacing of the bumper/cosmetic stuff?

11. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Not sure. It has been a while since I have been there. You can stop by and talk with the owner. He is kind of weird but very nice. He likes to explain everything to you.

12. codell

99% of body shops can replace exhaust. Find a shop that can do all the work.

13. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

South Main Paint & Body
    14309 South Main St.
    (713) 728-0832

14. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Agreed. I went to this place based on CF recommendations, and I've returned several times over the years.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

whatever you do DONT GO TO APOLLO PAINT AND BODY

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I'd toss in a recommendation for

Maynor's Body Shop
    5100 Pinemont Dr
    Houston, Texas 77092

(713) 957-2052

If you're ever on the NW side of town, check them out.

17. icrnk

icrnk Member

Don't go here either; Casari's Paint & Body Shop in Cypress. Low quality work, horrible communication.

Bill Fogle Collision Center - Hassle getting work done even though I chose them and the other party's insurance was paying. The guy I was working with forgot things I mentioned to him and basically said I'm a liar. Got them to take care of the issue when I showed them pre accident pictures as proof but never received an apology.

18. icrnk

icrnk Member

This place is in Cypress but really good customer service, great work, fast, and you can check on your vehicle online. http://collision-express.com/

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Calliber Collision (a chain) did a good job when my car was rear-ended like yours. Funny thing is I was looking at my backend thinking "oh just need a new bumper, some new lights, etc." thinking the damage wasn't all that much. Turned out to be structural damage and total job ending up costing like $4200 to fix. I was rear-ended by a F-250 truck at a very slow speed where person was stopped behind me and then just drove from a stop right into my car's rear. Dumbass was watching other traffic instead of what I was doing and my taillights. I hate people who try to assume what someone else is going to do driving instead of just reacting to the person's taillights of the person driving in front of them. This person was older and had no insurance. Boy, did I get screwed on that one. No money ever collected on that one. Then, next few days my dog got diagnosed with cancer that basically ended her life weeks later. Worst week of my life.

#19 Surfguy, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  20. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Actually took it to Main Street Paint and Body in Pearland as was recommended by someone here and had a few recommendations from acquaintances. Hopefully the job is well done.