1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carpenter - bookshelves and closet organizer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rubytuesday, Aug 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

Does anyone have a recommendation for a carpenter in the central Houston area? We're looking to build custom bookshelves in a hallway and also redo our closet (currently has that Home Depot metal stuff I can't stand) with some shelves and drawers.

Like everyone else, I'm looking for someone with great quality work, timely and a good rate. I appreciate it.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

How about MoBalls? :eek:

Oh... well... then, NO, I don't know anyone. Sorry. :eek:

3. rubytuesday

no help guys? :(

4. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Dangit, you beat me to it! That's what I get for taking a lunch break from the BBS... :(

5. SwoLy-D

:eek: Your lunch break is from 10:25 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.??

6. meggoleggo

A) you posted that at 11:14am
    and
    2) I was trying to work from 12:30 to 2. :D

7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Meggo, you break my heart sweety. Swoly, I can understand, he's a pendejo. But you :(

BTW, I have several questions for you Meggo. I will send you a message.

Ruby, You are in the Heights right? I bet you can find someone easily in the Greensheet or maybe even the Heights Pages.

8. meggoleggo

Oh MoBalls, you know it's in good fun! If I didn't take the time to pick on you, how would you know that I appreciate your presence on the board? :D

9. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

okay...that was funny. sent you a message. :D

10. rubytuesday

yeah, i'm in the heights....but i prefer a recommendation over greensheet.

thanks anyways guys. i have two contractors already so i'll just hit them up for quotes.

11. SwoLy-D

MoBalls, does this mean you can't do the job, or that you need help? I can't help, I'm selling chiclets, maricón, remember?!?! :confused:

:D

meggo, I saw this lonely un-replied-to thread and decided "oh, why the heck not, it's boring at work, too" and so I answered with the best Home-Depot'ish dude I could find besides me. :cool:

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

ruby, try going to a Houston forum where homeowners post for serious questions like this. In the Dallas area, there are a couple of forums I use for referrals like this (they're community forums for various suburbs around here). I get great recommendations there.

I don't know what's in the Houston area, but try :

The City Data forums : http://www.city-data.com/forum/
    More specifically, the Houston forums : http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/

There may be much better forums for your question. Look for other active forums that are specific to suburbs in the area you may live around. Good luck.

13. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Could you lead me to some of those Dallas referral sites. I've been here for about a year, and need some work done on my townhome. Thanks DoD!