1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony traded to Hawks, will be bought out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htown7829, Jul 19, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

When are the Hawks gonna cut him?

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Before the season starts

3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

When he gets traded there.

BigM and PhilCollins like this.
  4. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I know this shouldn't surprise me, but wow there's Carmelo only fans here already.

mockster and justtxyank like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i disagree. i think OKC did get better. for one thing, they have a year of chemistry under their belt, speaking of russ, PG, and adams. they added a 19 PPG player that can take over ball handling duties in the second unit, instead of PG playing point forward which IMO he isn't very good at. schroeder can absolutely torch most 2nd units. for those who doubt how good he is just check the highlights of him going against john wall in the playoffs. also, like you said their defense will be more consistent now. the moves they made getting a good backup center for adams can now put guys like patterson and grant in their natural positions. sure they don't have a lot of shooting, but when you can defend, rebound and get to the free throw line the way they do its a wash tbh.

that said, i think the rockets will get better also. i think ennis is a very underrated signing, and melo is a HOF player. the only thing i worry about now is the synergy of this team. it was very high last year, but now with capela situation, and getting melo to buy in to a supporting role, that could bring things down a bit. i hope will take the rockets offer so we can move on. if he takes the QO and is just playing for a contract it could affect chemistry.

i think the lakers will be very tough even though its an odd mix of talent. odd mix or not, they are athletic and skilled. lebron has done a lot with much less talent surrounding him. their bench should be one of the tops in the league.

6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I just think their inability to open up the lane for Russ/PG is going to be detrimental. Schroder is going to have a hard time fitting in as he needs the ball and him nor Russ can play off the ball and Russ plays 36 a night, is Schroder going to be happy with 12 minutes or having to play off the ball?

Their defense will keep them in games but I just think their offense much like last year with no real system in place will be troublesome. How many teams, successful teams at that boast 4 non shooters in their starting 5 and 3 of their 5 primary back ups.

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

We're needed for objectivity.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

OKC starting lineup was actually one of the best in the league in terms of +/-.... their bench was terrible playing patterson or grant at the 5. like i said, when you defend at an elite level, force turnovers, rebound, and get to the free throw line, you can generate plenty of extra points that way.

schroeder will play a lot more than 12 minutes a game. they can stagger minutes at PG just how the rockets do with james and cp3. both can play on ball or off ball for stretches. russ played off ball at times when harden was in OKC. its all about how creative billy donovan is. he has already stated he wants to play faster. getting rid of melo, and not have PG handle the rock with the 2nd unit is a good way to do that.

9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Paul/Harden can both shoot, Westbrook/Schroder can't. Like expecting them to play off the ball isn't going to work. Russ/Felton shared the court at times last year and Felton sat in the corner.

You also said creative and Donovan...thats oil and water.

They can play as fast as they want but without shooters and passing they won't do much. You cannot get to the rim when you're forced to pass out to non-shooters. Russ/PG will probably break the record for contest mid range pull ups next year or lay ups contested by 2 or more defenders.

OKC is a third tier team out West right now, same as last year.

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes but Donovan is still their coach!

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Russ neuters his teammates.

Dennis won’t be immune.

12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Is the trade official?

I'm playing with the trade machine and Melo is on the Hawks.

13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Is it me or son look small?

[​IMG]

cerophilik likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What in tarnation is going on what that dudes eyes??

DonKnock and joshuaao like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Hawks are putting Carmelo Anthony on waivers just to see if anybody is going to pick him up by all teams. If not he is going to be waived.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock, Cash Cam, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

Didn't he already get traded there? I've never seen a team hold a guy all offseason just to cut him

18. JD88

JD88 Member

They got Schroeder now...

And Roberson is healthy.

They got much better.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You really have no idea what you’re looking at.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Schroeder seems like he just put up good numbers on a bad team. Plus he has a reputation for being a poor locker room guy. Roberson, it's definitely nice for them to have him back, he really is a great defensive presence.

DonKnock likes this.