1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Dukes leaves ESPN 97.5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Indaface, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dukes sucks. I tried to listen to his show after Murph's got cancelled but couldn't. I gave it another chance about a year or so ago and quickly remembered why I quit the first time. Dave Tepper is the biggest troll on the radio.

2. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

If it's not 790, it doesn't exist to me, though I used to listen to 610 as well (mostly when Charlie was there with Rich Lord). I liked John Granato and his partner though.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2...oving-to-cbs-sports-radio-will-air-on-650-am/

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've only listened to that show a handful of times, but every single time I heard Dave's voice, I wanted to punch babies. He's an absolute moron, and his takes are almost ALWAYS idiotic. Not to mention the fact that he just talks in that tone of voice that grates my nerves....ugh.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What happened to her?

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So I missed this in the OP, but you're telling me that Jerome Solomon and Dave Tepper are going to be doing a radio show TOGETHER??? The sheer idiocy of that program has the potential to force the city of Houston to collapse on itself like a dying star. Dear Lord, I can't imagine the kind of ****tards that will be calling into that show.....oh wait, yes I can. It will be the same ****tards that think the Texans should have drafted Vince Young, and who still think Matt Schaub should be benched for Case Keenum....oh, and Cowboys fans of course. So basically, anybody who called into the Dylan Gwinn show. That is certainly one radio station that will never make its way onto my presets.

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

This. The collective sports knowledge on that show probably the lowest in town. And that's saying a lot considering guys like Josh Annus and Gwinn are still on Houston Airwaves. I enjoy the blitz during lunch. Can't stand the slapstick humor that Matt Thomas tries to pull off.

Mornings
    Matt & Adam with John & Sean in between
    Noon
    Blitz
    Afternoon
    Charlie & lance.

Sounds like I'll be listening to NPR during lunch moving forward

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Never been a fan of Dukes. Not sure what it was, he just got on my nerves. That is about as nice as I'll get with my comment.

10. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

No, the absolute worst is Barry Warner + anybody. He was a good part of the old Stephens & Pruett KLOL morning crew 25-30 years ago, but he's a complete snoozefest these days, and whomever he is paired with is saddled to an anchor.

I kind of liked Dukes & crew when they had Julie on -- I switched back and forth between them and Charlie -- but she left and Dave Tepper quickly became insufferable.

#30 busta_cap, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Do you mean Lopez and DeLuca? Don't get me wrong, Lopez and Davies sounds like it wouldn't be very good either, but Lopez and DeLuca was just terrible radio.

Those were the days when it looked like 790 was on life support. Their ratings were miniscule, they shuffled their lineup from poor pairing to other poor pairings incessantly, and 1560 was coming on strong as a competitor for 610. How things have changed....

12. SuraGotMadHops

Solomon is GARBAGE! He's the most simple-minded moron this town has ever heard. Why on earth would anyone give him a radio show?

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Replacing Dukes with Jerome Solomon is like going from a warm skillet to the fire. Unfortunately, he recently guested on In The Trenches with Kalu and it was totally awful. Couldn't stand more than 5 mins of it. For the record, I love In The Trenches with Kalu and Koch.

Solomon is also one of most moronic sports writers and radio guys on the NBA I've ever seen/heard.

14. Homey the Clown

lol Dukes said screw yall I'm movin to ATL. Good for him. They need to bring back Calvin Murphy. He's the only reason I even started listening to that station.