1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car damaged by road construction SIGN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Jun 20, 2013.

1. MystikArkitect

This. Maybe after he's done with this he can trip in a parking lot and sue the store for the uneven concrete.

Just talk to whoever was responsible and have them fix your car or you'll lawyer up. They'll fix it.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Didn't you agree to this code of ethics?
    "An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do."

:rolleyes:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are ridiculous. I'm not asking him to lie about a damn thing. Just sell the story well. The situation is pure BS. He didn't fake a fall at Walmart, his new car got damaged due to negligence, it's value depreciates, his insurance goes up, it's a waste of his time, it could have been much, much worse.

There's lying outright (flopping like Manu), then there's embellishing the contact a little so you get the call you deserve to get.

There's no need to lie. The story as-is warrants retribution.

4. body slam

body slam Member

You did take pictures at the scene of the accident when it happened?

5. body slam

body slam Member

were you driving on the curb?

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If it is a county, state or city job, contractors must have insurance. If this was their fault for not securing the sign correctly (and you can prove it) then you'll more than likely get your car fixed at their insurance expense. Based on contracts, they must provide insurance. Your best bet is to contact the county/city/state (depending on who the project belongs too) and get them to give you the contractors name and go from there.

7. Nero

Nero Member

It was dark and raining, no. And the next day, the workers were there working, but the sign was dumped off to the side.

8. Nero

Nero Member

No, LOL

It fell FROM the curb into the road.

9. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. body slam

body slam Member

It rained Wednesday?

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

No, we're calling it like it is.

Yes, you are. You're encouraging him to claim physical injury..which did not occur from the account I read.

He should tell the story as it happened.

Greedy ass lying is greedy ass lying.

Agreed. So why are you prompting him to add a line of bull**** to his story?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Look at the hoops the guy is jumping through because some idiot ****ed up. That'd stress me out, massages are great for that. But you're right, it's more about punishing the negligent than it is personal gain, people deserve to burn for negligence like this. Burn, burn, burn.

13. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah it poured in Cypress for a couple hours that night.

Anyway, took it to a body shop, the guy says they will fix it for half the cost of replacing it. Plus, it is just a cosmetic panel, so they went ahead and removed it so I can still drive it while they fix it.

Gonna cost me almost $300 :mad:

Not going to bother with my own insurance company, since it is below my deductible and I won't need a rental.

But I do think it will be worthwhile to try to get them to reimburse my expenses, so, we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the advice, folks.

14. codell

codell Contributing Member

Can you post a picture of the damage?

If someone is charging you $300 to fix a molding and claiming to replace it would be twice as much then they are ripping you off BIGTIME.

PS - What is the name of the shop?

15. Nero

Nero Member

I would be happy to post pics, but I have never posted photos of my own before.. what is the easiest way to do that?

Shop is Rancourt. Have used them before, no complaints, very professional.

He pulled up the parts list for Mitsubishi for that part, it showed $634, even he was surprised. But he said he could repair the damaged one for less than half of that. So I said fine, do it, one less headache.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

What is the year, make, model and which molding is it?

I can actually vouch for Rancourt. Marc Rancourt and I used to work together back in the 90s and we live very close to each other out here in Magnolia.

17. Nero

Nero Member

2013 Mistubishi Lancer Sportback

It's the molding directly under the driver's side door, strictly cosmetic.. the service guy looked it up and said wow, that thing is crazy expensive..

Figures..

stupid road signs

18. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

This is the correct response.

The idea of getting a lawyer or filing an insurance claim for $300 worth of damage is just not worth the trouble.

Make a few phone calls to try to get reimbursed (you won't be) and then move on.