1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

All we had to do was keep Ariza...

Tilman was cheap, we lost Ariza, our D was trash, our team failed in the playoffs, we trade CP3, WB doesn't fit with Clint, we trade Clint...to replace Ariza.

Now we won't have a draft pick until I qualify for AARP.

#81 ThatBoyNick, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Vivi, fryjol7, jacoby and 1 other person like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trade Capela to replace Ariza
    Will trade Gordon in the summer/next year to replace Capela (when the new coach wants an actual center)
    Will replace Gordon with minimum free agent
    Sounds about right ;)

Vivi and fryjol7 like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

will miss this

jacoby likes this.
  5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Word. What's funny was the Suns flipped Ariza for Oubre, who would have been perfect in our system.

jacoby likes this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He could have been traded before the extension.

7. mightybosstone

The writing's been on the wall for a while since the Rockets moved away from their pick and roll happy offense of the past, but this one still sucks a little bit. I'm not upset with the trade, because I think it was necessary, but I just always liked Clint. Even though there were times he was unplayable in the postseason, I always appreciated his game. He made pick and roll for a man his size an art form and could switch on smaller players on the perimeter and stay with them.

I'll never forget how much better the Rockets were after moving Dwight and giving Clint the starting spot. He did all the little things Dwight didn't want to to do and made that transition so much easier. On top of it, I just always thought Clint seemed like a genuinely good, likable dude. Unlike others who hope to see him fail without Harden in Atlanta, I wish nothing but the best for the guy. I hope he kills it in Atlanta with that young core. Good luck, Clint! You will be missed!

jacoby and bro2044 like this.
  8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'll miss you Clint! You were a bit inconsistent and didn't really expand your game, but you tried hard to do what was asked of you, and I haven't seen 20/20 games from any another Rocket in a long time. While I know things aren't the same with WB here, I think a ton of fans undervalue you. Good luck in ATL!

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Will always remember Cap on draft night just wading through the crowd to get on that stage.

Now he’s a multimillionaire rotational player in the NBA. Great story. Good luck to him.

jacoby likes this.
  10. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Ill miss him, but im def gonna miss the pre-dyed hair Capela more

fryjol7 likes this.
  11. thekad

thekad Member

Second time in a row the Rockets throw away a first round pick for an inferior player. The organization is truly trash now.

jacoby likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Thanks for the great memories #15. Play hard for us.

A repost, but more fitting in this thread.

[​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Moving away from PNR was ridiculous. But Harden would rather sit there and pound the ball and shoot step backs so it is what it is.

jacoby likes this.
  14. macan

macan Member

wish him retired a Rockets.
    well he has become a member of Rockets legends now. so there's that.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. gotsis

gotsis Member

One of the last home grown player we drafted and developed (that I can recall). Great growth, but peaked as a player.

Will miss Capela, wish him luck, but he didn't fit anymore with this team. Still need a new center though.

fryjol7 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

b_allholic is probably out celebrating in the streets. Living his best life right now.

17. smp

smp Member

Good point. Wrong thread for my thoughts on Capela.

HP3 likes this.
  18. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Clint! you were always one of my favorite players from the moment you were a rookie and thought you had superstar potential. You were and are still a steal as a lower pick in the first round. Wish you the best and am sorry you have to go as a result of the Westbrook trade and Tilman being cheap.

i'm glad you are in the east so we don't have to face you in the playoffs....we just had to make this trade. many blessings to you, and thanks for all the hardwork.

FrontRunner and jacoby like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is 'holic Joe Smith? discuss.

20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Sad to see him go, As I read more and more it looks there is a group where we really wanted him here. It's always different when a drafted player leaves, happy to see him drafted, competing, evolving and finally being a valuable starter for us.

On leadership/energy level, for those of you who believe in that kind of stuff. That is the exact reason you never verbalize doing something "exclusively to beat GSW" or whatever the team/sport/thing is. Because that's really your reasoning, what happens if it goes away? We have never gotten over losing to an historic top3 of all time team, we have not handled well being second. Winning is in many ways an act of patience, as the Knicks and now us are proving, money can not change that.

You know what, I also appreciate him being there at the game yesterday. He knew something was about to go down and he went to our bench to support.

We'll miss you Clint!