1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Capela appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 4, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Capela is going to be amazing with Trae Young. No need to apologise or feel sorry for him. It probably will even help his carreer and may end up a borderline All Star.

The ones who we should feel sorry about is ourselves.

ashleyem and WestendMassive like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I would have rather him go to a better team like Boston and have legit chance at winning with a good organization. Just unfortunate he wasnt a fit here anymore after this last offseason. Atl is getting a pretty good player with solid iq. Hopefully him and trae can build something there

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish Clint had stayed in Houston, but he had plateaued. Thanks, good luck Clint against everyone apart from the Rockets.

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Clint is going to be an allstar. You don’t give up a promising young big like Clint for a 30 year old role player with no upside. You should have just traded Eric Gordon for RoCo straight up. **** Morey. Anyone who tries to defend him is stupid. He is a ****ing idiot

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Adebayo makes the allstar game, Clint has a good chance next year.

malakas and ashleyem like this.
  6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Plateau my ass, dude is averaging 14+14. Y’all act like all of the points that Clint scored are easy baskets but the fact is Clint had amazing leaping ability, great hands and incredible touch around the basket who can run the floor extremely well. He is going to be an all star.

Daryl Morey is the problem of this team

7. JackLordsHair66

The rebounding hurts the most because he clearly had improved that aspect of his game a lot this year, he was very solid defensively and was good at switching, but he was oft wiith a lot of good powerful 5's and never developed any kind of a jumper, had he had a great post game or jumper then no way would I have anted him to go... Sucks cause i really liked the dude !!!!

8. Mr. Space City

Karl Anthony Town when he finds out Clint Capela won't be in the Western Conference anymore

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut and ThatBoyNick like this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You guys got spoiled by the stuffs that Clint does every night. He tricked y’all into thinking the stuffs he does are easy. They’re not. A lot of things he did were difficult. Now that he’s gone you will really miss his presence.

Don’t tell me that “we are 10-1 without Capela” bullshit. Toronto had like 90% winning pct without Leonard last year. Are they better this year without him? No.

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This team has a lot of problems, but Clint clearly isn’t one of them. He was perfect for James. Just because stupid ass MDA couldn’t think of a real defensive scheme other than the switching defense wasn’t Clint’s problem. It wasn’t Clint’s problem that MDA couldn’t find a way to make Russ and Clint co-exist.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oof.
    [​IMG]

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We can't trade Gordon this season.

13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am gonna get a lot of heat, but Daryl Morey doesn’t understand basketball. Even random fans could tell you that this midget lineup wouldn’t work in the offseason. What did he do other than bragging about himself in front of the media? Now he gets desperate and trade away Clint. Honestly I would be less angry if he traded Eric Gordon in the offseason instead. Clint is special. He is a keeper unless he gets you allstar talent, you don’t trade him to ****ing Covington. We wouldn’t even be in this ****ing position if he had done something in the offseason. DeMarre Carroll got signed for 6 mil. Markieff Morris got signed for 3 mil. Even minimum guys like Jeff Green could have helped. If he had signed one of these guys we wouldn’t be in this ****ing position. Every ****ing year he just holds onto the MLE and does nothing. **** him. It’s time for him to go.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We could have traded him before signing him to the extension

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Love Capela and hated to lose him. He was simply the victim of a cheap owner, Morey had no alternative salary to trade.

Wish him all the best, I hope he helps the Hawks turn it around.

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

All the best to CC with his new team ... except when they play us.

Bids9 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I remember Clint’s 1st couple of games, he looked so atrocious

Didn’t he miss his 1st 17 free throws of his career?

he went from that to being a contributor in the 2015 playoffs, and continued to progress from there...I enjoyed seeing his improvement over the years

I enjoyed when he did things like “Acapella with Capela” or that thing they were doing this year where he’d draw something sh*tty and the players tried to guess what it was

25th pick in the draft, and like the only young player we drafted, developed, and signed to a 2nd contract in ages...bye Clint, good luck in Atlanta

TimDuncanDonaut, Roomba and roslolian like this.
  18. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Sucks to see Clint go. Seems like a cool dude. Wish him all the best in Atlanta

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I really really loved having Capela here. My 2nd fav Rocket in the Harden era. Loved how he was always willing to be the comic relief guy in the stupid PR skits kinda like young Kawhi in the HEB commercials for the Spurs. Wish him the best luck wherever he ends up!!

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

We can't trade Eric Gordon. Maybe the stupid one is you for ranting without knowing that.

As for Clint yes he is a solid player yes he might be an allstar in the LEASTern conference which has like 0 superstars besides Giannis but it was a trade that has to be done as we have no other attractive asset left. Clint also has seemingly plateaued yes he is only 25 but he still has 0 shooting and range, even Hartenstein has developed a working jumpshot by this point. More importantly Capela has been a non factor in the playoffs the last 3 years for one reason or the other, either he is sick or gets dominated by the opponent lol. We cant keep waiting for the stars to align Harden is on the clock.

Roco is just a role player but as we have seen with Ariza and Tucker the right role player makes a huge difference for the team composition. We have Harden, WB and EG who are all 30-31 yrs old Roco is a win now player that fits the win now phase of the team.