1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can we make a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pasox2, Jul 12, 2006.

1. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are some players out there that other teams want to trade. Jamal Magloire is available for a point and a forward + picks. Could he play power forward here ? Washington is offering Antonio Daniels and Jared Jeffries. Antonio Daniels could also play here, at 1 and 2. You can read about other players available.

Can we garner any trade interest with anyone on our team, our 2007 pick, and/or the T/Es.? Can we sign and trade a free agent desired by another team with our MCE?

These are the last straws I have to clutch at.

2. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Member

Where do you get thisinfo?

3. ColbyTheRed

ColbyTheRed New Member

I have heard on several on the radio a couple of times that Jamal is available because the bucks just do not want him.(I believe he plays for the bucks)
    I would like to see him in a rocket uni at the 4 or 5 in a enforcer type of roll

Daniels would be nice for a 2 if he can shoot cons.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Our 2007 pick should not be for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It has too great a chance to be a Lotto. Send Battier to the ping pong ball fest!

6. tested911

tested911 Member

Why NOT?

Is it guaranteed that our 2007 pick will be such a valuable asset to the team in 2-3 years ( The Prime of Yao and Tracy )... :confused:

Hell that's if we even get a top 15 pick next year..

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

I'd love to get Daniels here. Look at him throughout the second half of last year, I believe he shot over 50% from the field and is a great free throw shooter. By bringing in him and Battier, and losing Swift....the intelligence on this team practically doubles!

Pugs

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We have no assets.

We dont even have Stro to dangle in a 3 way.

We will get Banks, maybe Flip, or something.

But nothing like Mike James, or Rudy Gay.

We are going back to the lottery.

9. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Darius Miles, that's one guy I'd give up 2007 first round pick for if getting rid of Juwan's contract is also a part of the deal. Now, if they can also get Steve Blake (or Juan Dixon) in return to fill a hole at PG/SG, I'd be even happier.

Marko Jaric for Juwan Howard would probably also be acceptable. Jaric has a long contract, but he's only 28 and he fits a need.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny. I was looking at those teams, too: Milwaukee and Washington.

We wouldn't trade directly for Jamaal; a center (albeit not his former All-Star self, although much of that might be attributed to "why am I carrying water for Andrew Bogut?" attitude.

Magloire would net us a lot from a third team, and the Wizards have some nice players.

But all this would hinge on the Bucks wanting Juwan Howard, and I don't see it happening, unfortunately. Even if they had interest, the Bucks have CVillanueva at the 4, plus Joe SMith backing him up, and (ugh) Dan Gadzuric backing up the 5.

Darius Miles? If we wound up with Dixon and/or Blake, as Portland is said to be dangling, then maybe that would help our depth. We'd be funk-a$$ at the 4, but what the hey, where is the team really going anyway?

11. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Whats going on with Kenyon Martin ? Is he too much ? price that is ...

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think you may have forgotten that yao and tmac missed a combined 60 games last season, and that the season before last we won 52 games with this team:

yao-deke
    jho-padgett
    tmac-bowen
    wesley-barry
    sura-james

lets say we sign banks and call it an offseason:

yao-deke
    jho-hayes
    shane-novak
    tmac-head
    rafer-banks

yao got better, but deke got worse so that's a draw. jho and tmac are the same. padgett and novak are equal. hayes and bowen are basically equal.

the difference being shane, head, rafer, banks VS. wesley, jb, sura, james.

rafer is a better PG than sura. shane is a better wing player than wesley. barry gets the edge on head, and james over banks.

it's even. we'll win 52 games.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why are there still people interested in Kenyon Martin? He gives you what? 12 and 6 or 7 for what? 15 million a year? And that's only in the games he plays - and he's sitting on the bench in street clothes more often than not.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Get the HELL OUT OF HERE CD!!

15. Possum

Possum Member

Why? We need to get role players around Ming and McGrady, not young studs that need to develop. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. Dartofantioch

Dartofantioch New Member

The First Round Pick is expendable as long as we can get a quality player because we are a playoff team and there is no way we will be in the lottery next year.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Howard can be moved but the Rockets management [ CD and JVG]
    need to have the desire to do so. Howards can only be moved with
    a FIRST round draft pick. Next years pick is of no use to JVG as we
    are now in the "WIN NOW MODE" :D

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

2007 1st round pick? Like the old Fram commercial...Trade it now or trade it later.

What good are picks if you don't have enough capability to evaluate talent? Or play 'em if you get 'em.

On topic...

1) Who said the Wiz want to trade Jared Jeffries?

2) If we lucked into a young, athletic player like Jeffries, playing him at PF means you've got a back log and you're locking Battier in at SF and TMac at SG. Otherwise, you spent big bucks on a player who's only on the court when Mac or Bat are off. Which isn't often.

I like Jeffries, don't think we can get him, but wonder if a SG shouldn't be more a priority.

#18 GATER, Jul 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Battier is a trade-able asset, even better than Swift.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The 07 draft picks have greater than average value because last year was the first year that 18 year olds were not eligible for the draft. The 4 or 6 high school kids that would have been first round picks this year will get pushed into next years draft, so instead of 6 coveted players and 20 very good players you might have 8 coveted players (hell, just add Oden and Durant) and 25 very good players.

Of course the Rockets are in the 'Win Now mode' and we have a 'No Rookies' coach (though I don't really believe that) so the Rockets certainly could trade next years pick but I would put a high value on it, certainly higher than our management put on this years; or I would lottery protect it for average value because the Rockets are only one pinched sciatic nerve or hairline metatarsal fracture away from being in the 07 lottery.