1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Kidd dunk??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Charlie03, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Charlie03

Charlie03 Member

This is the question I'm been wondering for awhile.
    Jeason Kidd can't dunk or does he chooses not to?
    Jay Willams is 6'2 and I see him dunk time to time, but I've never seen Kidd do it

2. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I hope he can dunk...cause he sure can't shoot from what I've seen. :D Oh, wait, that's what I wanted to say about Amare Stoudamire.

Given his speed and other evidence of hops - like the way he rebounds, I'm sure he's capable of it. However, a 6 footer needs a lot clearer opportunity to dunk than a 6'6"er or 7 footer. He probably just knows that going up among the trees is a good way for a PG to get hurt.

A little off-topic, but the saddest thing I've seen in a long time was Cato NOT dunking last night when he got the ball right under the basket unopposed. He put it off of the backboard and missed!

3. Charlie03

Charlie03 Member

i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY HE'S SCARED WHEN PEOPLE ARE AROUND THE BASKET, BUT WHEN HE HAS A FAST BREAK, PLENTY OF TIME TO DO A DUNK IS STILL DOES A LAY UP, AND HE GOTS A 2 INCH AVERAGE OVER JAY WILLIAMS.

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Kidd can dunk. I saw on NBA TV once a blooper of him going for a pretty hard dunk on the break and he missed it off of the backboard. He can dunk. I doubt that any NBA player, other then Earl Bowkins, can't dunk.

5. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

And if im not mistaken...I think Earl Boykins can also dunk.

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Damon Stoudamire, Moochie, Flopton, ... are a few NBA players I think can't dunk. Well, I might be wrong. :D

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Has anyone seen Bullard dunk in a game?

8. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

You mean AIR Bullard? Are you kidding? He aired!

Of course he's dunked numerous times! Maybe 2 or 3 times a season. :D I'm serious!

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

LOL:D

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No one in the NBA has ever dunked like the Air Bull. He could grab a quarter off the backboard with his teeth.:cool:
    http://www.airbullard.com
    :D

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

First Hakeem gets a song and now this:

From his web page:

Air Bull - The Song

The debut from Chance McClain. A tribute to the Bull from one of his biggest fans. When this song is all over the top 40 charts in two weeks you can say that you heard it here first. Feel free to add it to your Napster folder.
    Download the whole song here in mp3 format Air Bull

(had to throw this in - off topic but this is hilarious):D

#11 KingCheetah, Oct 20, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2002
  12. Charlie03

Charlie03 Member

Bullard can dunk, he trys anyways, but gets fouled everytime he trys too. Speaking about Bullard, isn't he a free agent still?
    If so...........

13. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I've seen Jason Kidd dunk many times in the past. I don't see why he doesn't do it much anymore though.

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't know if he's a FA, but I heard he's having back problems and may have to retire.

As for Kidd dunking, I'm sure he can dunk but just chooses not to. For example, there are these non-regulation goals near me that I can dunk on. But during games, I usually just put it in easily instead of messing it up with a blown dunk, in case that happends. If I'm wide open, I may try to dunk, though. Only problem is that every time I try, I always get fouled when I try to dunk. Gets me mad.

15. tozai

tozai Member

Yes Kidd can dunk. So can Jason Williams. He had that cool one on Mario Elie that was totally unexpected. I'd be pretty sure Stoudamire could dunk. Mooch might be able to, but I doubt Stockton can. I think just about everyone in the NBA can dunk except for people that shouldn't even be in the L like John Crotty and Rusty LaRue.

16. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Personally I've always wondered about Andre Miller because I remember the other year, I think it was in the schick rookie challenge or something, he kept on laying it in and everyone was booing him, because he should have dunked it.

17. Charlie03

Charlie03 Member

When ya guys say you seen him dunk it, you prob. saw it from his rookie yr. i guess huh?
    I was watching basketball that yr. but i wasn't paying attention to the rookies

18. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

A lot of players choose not to dunk as they get older.
    I was watching higlights of Iverson's rookie year and he was doing stuff that would almost put stevie to shame. But I think for smaller guys liek Iverson (who want to play at a high level all game) 1 dunk can take a whole lot of energy out of them.
    Therefore, why not save it and get the smart 2 points?

19. dust

dust Member

I seen Kidd dunk when he was with Dallas, two handed fast break dunk.

20. zenmar

zenmar Member

Jason Kidd can dunk. I remember a game and he is shooting great hitting his 3 point shot and every thing then he got a steal and dunk it 2 handed slam, he's dtill in phoenix when he did that.