1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Clint Capela...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Nov 18, 2018.

?

20ppg?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    56.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unless you want to be the village idiot around here, you should never count out Clint Capela. He continues to dominate his detractors, and they continue to move the goal posts.

17.5 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 2.0 bpg.

And he is likely 4 years younger than Thon Maker and Zhou Qi...

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Clint Capela All star this year?

Patience likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Swiss Bank, Swiss Air.

Patience and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. basketballholic

Because Thon Maker is making about 4 million dollars and he has another season after this one on his rookie deal.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What is standing out right now for Clint with those numbers is the "stamina." It is his energy that gives him an advantage and he is able to stay out there longer and be in a position to produce. Lets see if he keeps this up.

The PPG is nice of course, but for me, the "rebounds" and "blocks" are what I most care about (and of course the MPG that go along with that production). The more of a difference maker Capela can be defensively is what will give the Rockets the edge.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but you’ve been killing CC from day one. So I’m not really buying this.

You have to admit that CC has made great strides? Dude came in so raw, has really busted it to become a player in the league and imo still improving.

I also disagree with the comments that the Rockets cannot win a title with him at center. Especially when you look at some of the guys who have played C on title wining teams in recent memory. ZaZa, Tristan Thompson, Bogut, Chris Andersen...I mean, come on.

#66 mikol13, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    lnchan and Patience like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lmao

You held Clint to the same standard you do now when he was on his rookie deal. You wanted him gone the moment he was drafted. Meanwhile you’re salivating over Thon Maker’s 4 points per game. He was also drafted higher than Capela so his salary is actually higher than Capela’s was.

Terrible excuse. Try again.

#67 J Sizzle, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    cmlmel77, RudyTBag, jordnnnn and 3 others like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Thon Maker's 4ppg is more than Zhou Qi's 2ppg in 1 minute played.

RudyTBag, lnchan and J Sizzle like this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

@mikol13 Message-to-Like Ratio -- 1.28
    @basketballholic Message-to-Like Ratio -- 5.11
    @Deuce --1.09
    and me... 1.19

So much efficiency.

Deuce likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cmon

You dogged Clint when he was making less than Thon is now and clearly outperforming his contract not to mention he’s been significantly more impactful than Thon has ever been.

If you factor Clint’s contemporaries which is Steven Adams, Rudy Gobert and deandre Jordan.

He’s younger than all of them he makes between 2-7m less.

He’s avg 6 more ppg than Jordan, 2 more than Adams and 2.5 more than Gobert.

He’s also tied with Gobert on blks and is ahead of both Adams and Jordan.

Rebounding he’s 1.5 more than Adams, .5 less than Gobert and 1.5 less than Jordan.

Clint is a good player.

I’m confused as to why you don’t see that.

lnchan and mikol13 like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He does see it. He’s just in too deep with his Capela hate. He’s at the point of no return. Clinging to whatever excuse he can find. Goalposts moving daily.

YaoMing#1 and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You guys are making the fact that I have him on ignore pointless.

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I didn't move the goalposts on the Carmelo hate :D

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Never forget that Jopatmc was the guy that was arguing against proven, factual coin toss probabilities. AKA "The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during a given period, it will happen less frequently in the future."

He knew he was wrong, but kept arguing the fact to the bitter end. No F's were given about evidence or data. Insane, really.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't know why anyone bothers responding to him on anything CC related

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It’s too late for him to back out now. It would be like the Catholic Church allowing priests to marry. If it happened, you’d just s***.

Church: “Our priests can now marry. Women, mind you.”

Holic: “You know, Clint Capela isn’t so bad after all. In fact, he’s really good. I was wr—wr, wr....Ahem. I was wr-wr-(you can do this, ‘holic!) WRONG.”

J Sizzle likes this.
  17. gogispade

gogispade Member

Yes, I think that he can. 3 straight 20+pt game, with him being at his best in career, earning that big money in end of the last season... I cant wait to see him play against one of the best Cs in Joel Embiid and if he beats him up the court, we can talk about one of the best Cs in the game, whom CC really is. Lets go boy Clint, take this team to another level!

18. basketballholic

Immmmm
    Ummmm, no, I haven't been killing Capela from day 1.

Yes, he made great strides...fairly quickly at the end of his rookie session and his second season.

But now he's at his absolute zenith UNLESS he learns how to shoot...which is what I stayed he needed to be doing while he was a skinny rookie that was quicker on the perimeter.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm surprised that some people seem to be unaware that Clint is in the process of taking his game to the next level. We've seen it this year. His passing is much better. He's now seeing the entire floor and making good decisions. We're seeing him put the ball on the floor and making moves toward the basket. He's capable of more I'm sure, but he's somewhat handicapped by the system that we run.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Play 48 minutes a night??