1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call of Doody: Black Ops III

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by chow_yun_fat, Nov 5, 2015.

1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Who's picking it up this Friday? Or Thursday night depending on where you're purchasing it from. Amazon now is offering to deliver it to you on midnight if you purchase it from them and they have a $20 off your first purchase promo.

I pre-ordered for PS4 at Bestbuy (gcu ftw and $10 back), canceled it and re-ordered it after I found out the game has multiple game modes. The campaign is 4 player, co-op online, which I enjoy playing in FPS games (thanks Resistance 2).

The only COD I liked was COD4 MW, so my expectations aren't high after all the following COD's felt like a downgrade to me. The only FPS I thought was good prior to COD4 was Counter-Strike. If anything, I can trade it back in to BB and get back what I paid for it, if not more.

I'm not a FPS fan, but I am strangely looking forward to this for the online co-op and zombie modes.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Black Ops always goes hard. Is this treyarch?

3. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Zombie mode, huh? Don't forget to take one of these before you start:

[​IMG]

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Yup, Treyarch. They have three teams on COD now, don't know the other two. COD4 MW and MW2 was made by Infinity Ward who broke off and made Titanfall.

I googled it, I see. So the people who stayed back in IW made MW3 and Ghosts. I guess there is still a studio called IW, but it's not the same as the ones who made the previous MW's. Looks like Sledgehammer is the third one, they produced AW.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Respawn (Titanfall) >>>>> Zombie Infinity Ward (**** games after MW2)

(Not saying you disagree, I just felt it needed to be reiterated. Titanfall is underrated. Wait for TF2.)

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

COD has been bad as of late and the Black Ops series is always the worst of the pack. I returned the last one almost immediately

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I got Ghosts and it was terrible. Still fun to take advantage of the flaws and make ppl mad tho

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yup. Never was a fan of black ops. Also traded immediately. I just want a remastered MW2.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

I still believe MW2 is the best COD game of all time.

10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I haven't seriously played a CoD in a long time but I'm pretty hyped for BlOps III

The amount of game modes they have is staggering, plus after playing the beta I just loved how the game handled.

I preordered from Best Buy too bruh...GCU is the gift that keeps on giving.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The last COD game I enjoyed was Cod4 MW. Played a lot of COD2 and UO back in the day.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

UO, now that's a legit game!! I mean old style with real pking.. As far as COD I think the series is worse than yearly sports games. I mean don't get me wrong I love nba 2k, but Jesus Christ there's a lot of CODs!!! Activision is milking that series dry, hopefully they take a break from it like Guitar Hero to relaunch it, but unfortunately a lot of people love it, especially if you're limited to console.

There's nothing wrong with console only and if you really love COD... But I pretty much changed to pc only, so ****ing tired of slow load times on ps4/xbox (obviously graphics better on pc too, but I like that pc can actually take advantage of SSD and I'm not graphics snob)... So COD is out for me too since COD 4, and better games on pc that aren't regurgitated regularly.

I like rogue games or fps like rogue, where there's real risk, so... Arma style or something more realistic than cod, I think UO ruined me. Now if COD had a more hardcore mode I might take a look.

Again nothing wrong with COD, I'm sure it'll be exciting!!! It'll be nice though once they stop developing for ps3 and 360...

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I miss medal of honor

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youre the only one.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

I will be reluctantly be picking it up tonight. They have slowly but surely been loosing me each time they release a new one. I need a new fps to play. I wish they would remaster MW1.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I enjoyed cod 4 more than mw2 but both were great

18. mario_v

mario_v Member

I can't believe people still buy COD. It's the same game every year, just different maps. I haven't bought a cod game since the first black ops in 2010.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Same s*** every year just with new stuff added

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fallout 4 coming out in a week. That is where my money will be going.