1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade Cunningham the next James Harden/Luka Doncic Hybrid?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by HardenVolumeOne, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fancy that .. a rookie that needed a little time to get it together! Even an overall #1 .. Good for Cade that he is living up to the hype .. season started pretty rough .. and even then he has his ups and downs too. I think he's closed the gap with Mobley for ROY and if he remains consistent should win the award.

<insert your Jalen Green bust thought here>

2. Nook

Nook Member

Not quite as good as I expected, but he will be an all star and likely a franchise player. He doesn't have the blow by ability or the ability to stop on a dime, but he has really has a good feel for the game and he has really good size and can be a pretty good shooter. He also doesn't exactly have good teammates helping him.

I felt he was one of the 2 best prospects in this draft before the draft and still do. He is above someone like Gerald Green because of his size and frame and because he is able to create for others. Mobley has a higher upside, but that depends on him developing offensively.

It isn't as if Cunningham has been amazing, he still turns the ball over too often and doesn't get to the line enough.... but you see signs that part of his game is improving.

If I am Detroit I feel like I can build around him as my franchise playmaker.