1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout targets ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 25, 2019.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rockets pick-up line: "Hey, beautiful. I've been watching you and would really love to take you back to my place. I'll try to find you later when the club closes."

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey would warmly welcome Ray Allen.

whiskeyred likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I said this a couple of days ago, but I still feel like a "realistic" buyout target is LAC's Wilson Chandler. He doesn't fit a role on that team or really as someone you would keep bird rights for. (whereas JaMychal Green fills a role on LAC as a player and as someone you would want to keep bird rights to).

For the Rockets, Chandler's skill set as a backup PF with 3pt shot makes sense. In limited minutes he could be a contributor.

Rockets had interest in him in the offseason before he got traded from Denver to Philly.

#783 Deuce, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Nook, clutchdabear, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Are there any highlights from him this season? He was playing really nicely for Denver in 2017. His current stats of 6.7 points and 4.7 rebounds show considerable decline on the surface.

Nook and snowconeman22 like this.
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No doubt, I think they would go after him hard. What Philly were expecting of him was different, and they were playing him at SG/SF a lot. He's not quick enough for that, but first of all as a backup and second of all as a PF, he would definitely help reduce Tucker's minutes by 10-15. That's all we're looking for, even if it were Morris tbh.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There aren't highlights because what he does is not highlight worthy. It is grunt work. But it is stuff that can help a team win.

I wouldn't look at old highlights of him. He has slowed down considerably. But he is still serviceable as a backup PF playing 18 minutes a game against 2nd units.

Nook, Smacktle, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  7. saleem

Thanks Deuce I appreciate that.

Deuce likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If he's only serviceable then MDA won't play him .

Maybe if he comes in hot and is making his threes

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I would be surprised if the Rockets didn't consider Omri Casspi for backup PF.

I hardly see a difference between him and Morris, except Morris' slight height/wingspan advantage would have made him a good small ball 5 candidate.

• They are identical rebounders and defenders - which is to say both below average.
    • Morris acts tough off the ball and off the court, but I would say Casspi is tougher in-game.
    • Casspi is the far superior shooter and excellent from the corners throughout his career (40%), very good at the rim (63%) and clearly being dragged down by mid range shots.
    • I'm shocked that Casspi is only a year older, and looked like he was in good shape in Memphis.

From memory the guy has had minor locker room issues fairly frequently though. Might not have ended his Rockets tenure on a good note (can't remember or find anything). Altercation in Memphis. Warriors didn't like his attitude.

If he would accept being the 10-day contract guy, I would say it's worth it. We can manage with someone like him giving Tucker 10 minutes rest.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think there's any water left in the mud puddle much less fish ….

saleem and donkeypunch like this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Damn that sounds like me.

Hey you want a drink? Ok follow me to my car cause these drinks hella expensive. *pulls out everclear* equivalent to 3 year ng minimum contract.

12. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Invite Ray Allen comes back, we have a small forward position for him

dtitus1 likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Looks like a poor man's Bruno Caboclo.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Omri's familiarity with MDA and Rockets should also allow for quicker integration and production as well.

Shump is still trying to figure out his role and fit on the team for example.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. saleem

Sort of, with his jumper. He has a better handle and can finish nicely around the basket. That's something that Bruno couldn't do. He is stronger and a bit quicker than him too. A 10 day sort of player at best.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If we can't get him, perhaps we can locate a member of Russell Crowe's former band, 30 Odd Foot of Grunts.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Michael Beasley and Nick Young would solve a lot of our problems

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I have unpleasant memories of him bricking threes. Do not want.

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I would say he's more like a rich man's Caboclo. Doesn't look timid at all.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno playing in NBA, not Vitto.

But I hope you are right, if Rockets 10 day him.

raining threes likes this.