1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush names Bernanke As Next Fed Chairman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deepblue, Oct 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. deepblue

deepblue Member

2. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Bernanke is huge on transparency. He has propsed an all out inflation targeting regime similar to the Eurozone's policy as a way to promote a more clear-cut fed policy. That probably won't happen but he'll definitely continue with expanded transparency policies. He's a conservative economist but extremely well qualified.

Finally a good nomination...

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Ben Shalom Bernanke, also known as Ben "Helicopter" Bernanke :rolleyes:

4. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Federal Reserve- Banking cartel devoted to increasing the super elite's wealth through usury earned off fiat currency ponzi scam.

So much for my subtle take on the success of America's fifth and most powerful Central Bank in history.

Bush named him but he certainly has no power to select him.

5. deepblue

deepblue Member

I am guessing you think that the Fed serves no useful purpose? We all would be much better off without it?

6. rhester

If you want to understand the Fed read G. Edward Griffin's book, the Creature From Jekyll Island. link

It is the best researched and most thorough examination of the Fed I am aware of. It is the best book anyone could read if they want to understand the economy.

I highly respect Mr. Griffin, I think I will read it again, and I hope I don't get depressed again either.

7. deepblue

deepblue Member

I acutally have some good understanding on the working of the Fed, I am just interested in your strong opinion about it. (and I am sure Mr. Griffin is not the only expert on the subject)

8. rhester

He's not, I have read many good books on the Fed.

Fed is a private company that lends money to the government and the member fed banks. The fed controls debt in the nation.

The owners of the Fed are hard to pin down but you can do it if you want to waste a bunch of time. What good would it do. Read the book you will like, I guarantee the price of it if you don't like it.(Means I will pay for the book if you read it and don't like it)

The Fed bank of NY and Fed Bank of Chicago were the most powerful players last time I wasted my time so start there if you want to find out the major players but it will take a lot of work. Save your time and read the book.

There were some foreign owners a few years back but I think they've covered their place at this time. Don't know for sure haven't done that kind of digging in a couple yrs.

The Fed is a Central Bank, bankers own it and it is in business for profit. The B.I.S. is the Central Bank for Central Bankers globally. Good luck getting anything on the B.I.S.

Most every nation now has a Central Bank but again if you want to waste a lot of time you can track down the owners to a relatively small group of very very very wealthy bankers/industrialists.

I don't like the Fed STRONGLY because these bankers are destroying America and I love America.

Don't forget I am crazy and my opinion means 'zero' (except to my own conscience) :)

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Better than the Protocols? :eek: ;)

Anyways, I've read the book. I will just add that if the American people and whatever's left of its unhung press would focus a moment of their attention and energy on the "bankers" that rhester cites (instead of wasting time indicting administration officials and debating gay marriage, for instance), they would then realize wherein lies the source of a majority of our nation's problems.

10. rhester

Now go put your head back in the sand and pay your taxes. :D

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

So what specific actions has the Fed taken that has wrecked America? (I'm specifically referring to recent history, I realize they really messed up when it came to the Great Depression)

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Jeez, as if we needed to give further ammunition to those who claim Jews control the world ;)