1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush: Kanye West Katrina Remarks Were Lowest Moment of Presidency

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Lil Pun, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Really W? That was the lowest moment of your 8 years in office? Come on man!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...e-katrina-the-lowest-moment-of-his-presidency

Following the New York Times' scoop on George W. Bush's upcoming memoir, NBC is out tonight with excerpts of an interview Matt Lauer conducted with the former president set to air next week.
    Among other things, Bush says the lowest moment of his presidency was when rapper Kanye West declared in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina that "Bush doesn't care about black people." "That 'he's a racist,' " Bush told Lauer. "I resent it, it's not true, and it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency."
    Bush writes, per Lauer, that he can barely think about the moment "without feeling disgust" and that it outranks people criticizing him for the war in Iraq or his efforts to cut taxes to benefit the rich.
    In the interview, Lauer interjects, telling Bush he's likely to take "heat" for saying the "worst moment" was not watching the post-Katrina misery in Louisiana but rather when someone insulted him because of that misery. "The misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well," Bush told Lauer. "There's a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."
    According to NBC, Bush also reveals that administration officials investigated a terrorist attack at the White House after 9/11 when bio-detectors indicated a potential botulism attack. "We had all been exposed to it … and had we inhaled it, we could easily be dead," Bush told Lauer.
    Officials went so far as to test the air on lab mice. "We kind of chuckled and said, 'Well, if the mice are feet up, we're goners. And if they're feet down, we're fine,' " Bush said.
    Investigators ruled the scare eventually as a false alarm.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It amazes me he has never apologized or shown regret on not finding WMDs in Iraq. that's your lowest moment mr. bush. katrina was a very sad event but at least i can say he was unprepared. he put himself in the situation with the people he had in office, but still you had time to prepare for iraq, a war of choosing and nothing went right

1 person likes this.
  3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Mission Accomplished should have been his lowest moment.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

haha he has a book coming out? should be good.....

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

His lowest moment is what a pop musician said about him? What a schmuck.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is it a coloring book?

2 people like this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kanye West was probably unfair to say that W didn't care about black people. But it's notable that when asked about the lowest moment, Bush referred to an external criticism rather than own up to mistakes he made.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

8/6/01 would've been an honorable man's response.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he has owned up to nothing during his presidency, its truly amazing and people call obama arrogant

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

so a musician who has only put out 1/2 of a good album calling you racist is 'disgusting', but lying your country into a war which killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children is ok and authorizing torture is ok?

what a P.O.S.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

calling someone a racist on national TV during a disaster is pretty low and personal.

I'm sure all the political bashing is easier to disconnect with as well are the typical jokes about him being dumb.

Sometimes there are certain things that just happen to dig into people, and it doesnt have to be what you think it should be.

oh, i'm sorry. I forgot. I'm just supposed to bash him for no real reason because that's cool

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no, his low moment should be something he did and he should take responsibility for. the mission accomplished fiasco is a perfect example.

if obama was asked this question and his answer is when Wilson screamed "you lie", would you be okay with that

1 person likes this.
  13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Ahh, Republicans take back the House and we return to old faithful: bashing Bush.

Not that it isn't fun, though!

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Yeah, people in this thread are bashing Bush for "no real reason." :rolleyes:

15. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I actually understand. It's Kanye West!! That dude's got cache... wouldn't want him calling ME a racist.

:rolleyes:

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Def up there with Glenn Beck calling him a racist who hates white people.

Presidents are humans with feelings, you know.

Does a president not bleed if he gets a cut???

???

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously this is Kanye West who made the comment. The same guy who interrupted Taylor Swift at the Grammys.

18. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

wait, so it's ok for Obama to have someone publically calling him racist as a viable option for lowest moments...but not for Bush to have someone publically call him racist.

:confused:

Like i said before, everyone has something different that really gets at them. It's not completely unreasonable to have a person may be able to shrug something intensely offensive off or perhaps can handle the fact a poor decision was made...but be offended by some random moron making a ridiculous claim.

bottom line, people are different and certain things effect them differently. To tell someone what should be their lowest moment is silly.

19. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

I wonder if that was Swift's lowest moment? Kayne is really making the rounds!

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure and I would put Kanye West up there with random moron but really the man was the President of the United States and this just makes him look thin skinned and besmirches his legacy. If I was Dubya even if I felt that way I wouldn't say it publically. I mean this would be like Truman saying the lowest point in his Presidency was Harpo Marx criticizing him.