1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burger King tacos! MMMM...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Sep 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sure. Anybody that does a parody of a Bon Jovi song in the Game Action forum has to be pretty cool.

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

ROCKSS.. my high school band was in the rose parade a few years back.. a few days we had one event associated with the parade and they served us in and out burgers.. then on the parade day we march 7 miles and at the end we get more in and out burgers:) they were pretty good but before then I had never really heard of the place.. but apparently it is huge in california?

atrain.. the sonic's around here now seem to have a drive thru as well as the traditional park thru or whateever lol

3. red

red Contributing Member

seattle has no sonics...so someone please go get a cherry-limeade flurry and enjoy it so i can live vicariously through you...

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Some of the newer Sonics have both the car-hop area and a traditional drive-thru.

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

:mad:

Maybe I was tired

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just had those White Castle cheeseburgers you can buy from the grocery store.

Just as good as the original. Mmmmmm.

7. Slumpbusters

Slumpbusters Member

ZRB and Rockss,

Carls Jr. rules!! When I moved out here back in 99, I thought that no other burger could top Whataburger.

I had to live in a hotel for about 3 weeks while the movers lost my furniture. So, everyday for those 3 weeks I had Carls Jr. for dinner. A double superstar, add bacon, and biggie sized (whatever they call it) will put you in a meat coma!

I'm not a big fan of In and Out burgers. Nice and greasy, but the fries might as well be those little potatoe strings. useless.

Weinerschitzel is great. It's a cheaper version of James Coney Island. Had a chili dog, with chili fries and a chili burger for 5 bucks. Not too bad.

I'm a personal fan of the corn dogs at A&W. Ummmm, corndogs.

8. Slumpbusters

Slumpbusters Member

That's potato. How do I edit on this thing?

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Neither does the Burger King on Guadalupe in Austin. I took Baqui's recommendation and went with the double cheeseburgers instead.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I think the first Sonics I saw was in New Mexico, 5 years ago. There are tons of In and Out Burgers in California.

I happen to love Popeyes! I used to live on them in Texas. There just happens to be one here, but no others until you get to Texas. I love the Cajun Rice... mmmmmm

Slumpbusters, have you had the "Six Dollar Burger" from Carls? Only 4 dollars!

I am currently loving Taco Bell. Grilled Steak Tacos, Baja Chicken Tacos. Cheese quesadillas. Lovely...

Do they have Dairy Queens in Texas? There are heaps of them in Washington and Oregon, and a total of three ( that I know of) in California. Their burgers suck, but the ice cream is the best in the fast food industry.

McDonalds hasn't brought out anything interesting in a long time. I like their Big and Tasty's, but the Apple Pie remains their best item. That's pretty sad...

I can't wait for my road trip next week. Fast food galore!!!!!!

11. mrpaige

Do they have Dairy Queens in Texas? Almost every podunk town in the state has a Dairy Queen (Clarendon, for example. The one in Memphis, TX closed down recently, by the way).

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do they have Dairy Queens in Texas he asks. Of course, that's a staple of small town Texas you crazy liberal!!

My favorite fast food is as follows:

Carl's Jr.
    Hardees
    Blake's Lotaburger (only in New Mexico)
    White Castle

The biggest problem with these being my favorite is that the closest one is in Dallas (Carl's Jr.). The nearest Hardees, last I checked, is in Childress, TX, a good 6 hours from me.

13. mrpaige

There's a Carl's Jr. in Dallas? I thought the closest one was the one in Wichita Falls (there are two there). I sometimes stop there (or at the Hardees in Childress) when I am driving to or from Amarillo.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There's 2 on I-20, one near I-35E and one about 20 miles west of the Tyler exit...both in truck stops.

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Texas is Dairy Queen Central...The one in my town shut down, though, so I haven't had a Blizzard in a long time...

Taco Smell is awesome for the late night munchies

Jack in the Crack is great, because you can substitute that awesome sourdough bread for slightly more

Booger King has the best tasting burgers, IMO

Mickey D's has the best breakfast...I could eat a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Buiscuit every day...Also, the store down here used to have all you can eat hotcakes for 99 cents on Sunday Mornings...I used to devour those things...

Whataburger burgers are highly overrated, but they do have the best grilled chicken sandwich

I hardly ever go to Wendy's anymore...Anyone remember that Mexican bar that Wendy's used to have? I used to live off that thing...

Nothing even comes close to Popeye's chicken

Sonic is good, because you can put chili on almost everything

Long John Silvers is very underrated. I always get some of those fried batter crumbs with my meal and mix them with that hot sauce...MMMMM...

The best fast food, by far, is Schlotzky's! That is the only fast food place at which I worked where I actually ate the food while working there...Every time we messed up an order, we got to eat the sandwich later...Needless to say, I was a very sloppy worker...I could really go for a Pastrami and Swiss on jalapeno cheese bread right about now...

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mrpaige.. funny you mention those towns.. on the way to and from colorado from houston i noticed that all the small towns had dairy queens.. i remember passing thru a few towns.. i think they were memphis and clarendon actually.. i remember saying hey there is a town coming up and then seeing that dairy queen is the only restaurant they had.. i remember one city the dairy queen was closed i'm pretty sure .. it must have been memphis like you said.. i went thru so many small towns not exactly sure which one it was but i think it was between amarillo and wichita falls.. or it may have been on the other side of amarillo back towards colorado.. i dont know lol.. but we ended up finding a sonic attached to a gas station in one of those towns..

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

OMG are you serious. That would be awesome. I'd eat so many of those things it's not even funny. Their pancakes are the best in the world (yes in the world, not just fast food).

And about Dairy Queen, they have billboards that say "The Texas Stop Sign" or something to that effect so that tells you how prevalent they are.

18. mrpaige

Wise words:

And just what does Carl's Jr. mean? Carl's Junior...what? Carl's burger is a junior? Or is it referring to persons younger than Carl? If Carl's restaurant is junion, then there'd need to be a larger restaurant called "Carl's Sr." to put it in proper context, and there is no "Carl's Sr." Again, nitpicking, perhaps, but you can't just go around naming things nonsensicallyand expecting everyone to buy into it. If I named my store "Clean White Cotton Underpants," and then you came in and discovered I sold nothing but custom kitchen cabinets, you'd be upset, and you'd have every right to be! Or if I called my restaurant "Phil's Double," and then just left it at that, with no explanation, I'd be hurting a lot of people. That's how I feel about "Carl's Jr." 'm hurt and angry.

Michael J. Nelson

19. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Some people try too hard to be clever.

http://www.ckr.com/about/history/history.html

... Within a few years, Carl and Margaret owned and operated four hot dog stands in Los Angeles. In 1945, the Karchers moved the short distance to Anaheim and opened their first full-service restaurant, Carl's Drive-In Barbeque. A year later hamburgers were added to the menu for the first time.

... In 1956, Carl expanded his business by opening the first two Carl's Jr. restaurants in Anaheim and nearby Brea. They were so named because they were junior versions of the original drive-in restaurant ...

I know, I know, the guy was trying to do a George Carlin-type "ironic humor" riff. But to paraphrase a movie I haven't seen yet, sometimes it's-so-stupid-it's-funny goes all the way past funny and winds up back at stupid. :)

#59 Swopa, Sep 19, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2001
  20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I drove by a Burger King in Houston and it said "Two Tacos for 99" on the board.

I couldn't stop. I guess only the Burger King's in Houston serve tacos.