1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burger King tacos! MMMM...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Sep 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. red

red Contributing Member

hands down wendy's rules...the best chicken nuggets the world has ever seen...add honey mustard for slight orgasm.

then there's the $10 at taco hell that can feed a small tribe or one hungry stoned fool.

McD's happens to suck...

JITB rules...ultimate chesseburger come clog my arteries...and the franks red hot sauce and buttermilk ranch goes on anything...

2. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Stop it! The humanity of it all! I must settle for Hot Pockets for now! Augh! ;)

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Yes, McDowell's rocks!!! Samuel L. Jackson makes appearances there quite often :)

We may very well have a BK here in NY, but I've never seen one in my years. There really aren't that many fast-food chains here to begin with, mostly small independent eateries. We DO have fast-food hot dogs though - about 3-4 fine establishments at every corner!

4. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

All my life, I've had a habit of mentally filing away what seemed to be rather audacious statements or predictions, just to see if they come true.

Several years ago, I read an article (in the Wall Street Journal, I think) about the broadening menus at fast-food restaurants -- the first salad bars, chicken sandwiches, and so on. In that article, some McDonald's executive whose name I've long since forgotten swore that his company would always retain its core identity, saying "McDonald's will never serve tack-oes" (yes, he mispronounced it).

I filed that comment away in my mind, thinking "He's gonna eat those words some day." I'm still waiting -- it's inevitable, I just know it. :D

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I love Carls Jr. Unfortunately, they don't have them in Washington. They start about half way through Oregon, so I only get to eat there once or twice a year. But I'm going to California next weekend, and I'm really getting excited about eating at Carls'!!

Charbroiled goodness. mmmmmmmm

Carls' Jr. It's a size thing. :D

6. Isabel

Isabel Member

(Homer is in training for the night shift at the Kwik-E-Mart.)

Apu: "Now these hot dogs have been sitting here for three years. They're strictly ornamental. Except there's this one bozo who comes in here and buys them."

Homer: "But I...... oh."

I'm afraid this thread isn't making me very hungry at all. I'm afraid my tolerance for some of the stuff that passes for "food" is not too great lately. I will make an exception for Wendy's... best fries around, and their sandwiches and burgers are actually edible (great spicy chicken). For tacos, those of you in Texas, please, PLEASE skip Taco B(H)ell, Jack in the Crack, Booger King, and all the others as long as you have Taco Cabana around.

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

ZRB-Carl`s Jr Rockss!! Not sure who has tried In N Out burgers, but they are awesome.......tried my first one in SoCal 2 weeks ago

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't forget about Short Stop.

And why doesn't Jack in the Box make a grilled chicken sandwich?

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Some of my all-time fave's:

Arby's sauce
    Taco Time - anyone else? (mostly up north)
    A&W - but only if they have the Canadian menu (teenburgers, yummm)

Wendy's chicken sandwiches do rock.

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I've never been to Sonic, but I heard it has a drive-thru. Any place with a drive thru whether it be Taco Cabana or McDonald's, I consider fast food.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Technically, it's not a "drive thru", but a......park thru? Anyways, you park your car and order your food, then a woman brings your food to you (not being sexist or anything, but I've never seen a guy with this job before), like the old car hops of the 50's. Then, you can drive off, or eat your food right there.

After that, a little "after dinner entertainment" with your significant other in the back seat...hey, ya gotta work those calories off SOMEHOW

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Carl's Jr.
    Oh Yes I forgot about Carl's JR . Actually We have one where I live but I hardly ever go their , But A Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger sounds good today .

Gosh Im starving and its only 10 o'clock .

Wendy's
    Their Fries were horrible , until I figured out you have to put salt on them . Their Chicken is good , I just cant get into Burgers that are in a square shape , it seems wrong . I will stop going to Wendys If they Water down My Soda one more time .

In-N-Out The Best Burgers around , Their Burgers are great but their fries are horrible , they fry them in vegetable oil and it gives them a grime flavor .

13. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I can't eat fast food "tack-oes" when I have like, a million taquerias around here (Houston) gotta have the real deal. Bones and all in your chicken guisada taco! That's when you know it's real!

I don't eat much fast food anymore, but the place you're getting your MCD fries at must be doing something wrong... I've never had no greasy MCD fries... I have had some greasy eggrolls in my day though!

What about fast food breakfast?
    I dig MCD's breakfast sandwiches, can't do those microwaved pancakes though! Had a croissan'wich from BK once, it's ok... gotta have that muffin!

happy eatin'
    rH

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'd love to sit and discuss fast food, but I'm off to Burger King for some double cheeseburgers....

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Okay, the Burger King in Round Rock doesn't have tacos. I'm feeling duped.

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

In honor of Timing's sig:

Jihad upon you!

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Can someone go check the BK on Guadalupe?

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Y'all suck. I'm trying to go a whole week without eating fast food for breakfast (which I really don't do that often, I'm trying to stop breakfast tacos) and lunch, and now driving to Burger King to try these tacos sounds much better than a tv dinner.

:mad: :)

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Round Rock! Great town! My sister lives there...I was THIS close to sitting in box seats at the Dell Diamond, but my sister and my mom got in this huge fight, and we had to leave early...

We need to hook up next time I'm up there...Grab a 'rita at La Margarita and shoot some hoops at that new Rec Center right down the street from my sister's house...not necessarily in that order, though (my jumper is bad enough without three margaritas in my system) :)