1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burger King tacos! MMMM...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Sep 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, looks like our good friends at Burger King have entered the fiercely competitive world of fast food tacos, and they did a pretty good job...

Basically, if you like Jack in the Box tacos (I know I've heard a few people here say they like them), then you'll like the BK tacos. They're pre-frozen tacos that are deep fried, then topped with a slice of pasteurized, processed cheese like product, luke warm iceberg lettuce, and moderately hot sauce. You get two of them for a buck, though, so you really can't beat it for that price. The main difference between these tacos and JITB tacos is that the shell on the BK tacos has a better texture. (Gawd, did I just use the word "texture" when describing fast food tacos?) The shells of these bad boys don't have that granite-type hardness that their JITB cousins have, so I end up eating the whole thing, rather than just the meat and leaving half the shell on the tray.

One thing, though. If you order these tacos, MAKE SURE that they are fresh out of the oil. If these things are sitting out for even a minute, the grease ends up soaking through everything...the shell, the taco bag, the regular bag, the napkins, your colon....everything! If you walk in and you see some tacos sitting underneath the heating lamp, make sure they make them fresh, or order some without any sauce so they have to make them right there...Trust me, I used to work at Jack in the Box, and I've let many a taco sit around for 15 minutes before giving it to a customer

Like I said, for this price, this is a pretty good meal...four tacos and a small soda (free refills) for $3.24? That's a bargain...the Midnight Munchies have met their match...

3 stars!

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I love JITB tacos! And you say BK tacos are better? I gotta try!

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I'm not sure we even have a BK here in NYC...

And as far as being able to find a meal for $3.24!!!!???? Forgetaboutit - a Big Mac costs like 4bucks!!!

4. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I guess it was all a matter of time... Sonic entered the fast food taco world a while back and has two tacos for .99 cents.. now Burger King.. McDonalds better hurry before they get left in the dust:)

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

YES!!!!

I love JITB tacos. I just had the JITB monster tacos. Sweet!!! Now to drive over to BK and try their tacos. I haven't eaten at BK in months.

I had Taco Bell tacos awhile back, and once you've had JITB tacos you can't go back (in the world of fast food tacos).

6. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

A little off topic but anyhow:

How come there are no fast food hot dogs? That is what we need. Just broil them or but them on one of those roller things. they are so easy to cook and yet so good.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

This thread is making me hungry.

I'm not a big fan of hot dogs, but last week I had a Jumbo Dog at the Erwin Center. That is some good stuff.

Sonic has fast food hot dogs. I've never been to Sonic...there's never a Sonic nearby. James Coney Island too.

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

No Burger King?

In the largest city in the country?

WHAT?

Too many McDonalds for a BK to survive?

9. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I don't consider Sonic FAST FOOD. Its fast food quality, in the time IT TAKES TO COMPLETE A RUBICS CUBE BLIND FOLDED WITH YOUR FEET!

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

McDonalds Am I the only one who thinks McDonalds sucks? Their fries are greasy as hell , and their burgers taste like deep-fried crap .

Jack In the Box
    I Like Jack in the Box because their food is good and their commercials kick a$$ . Meaty Cheesy Boys , "The Jack Imposter"
    Leg Wrestling The CEO , And the newest one Fake Shakes . Oh God such memories .

Burger King
    BK charbroils their burgers and when they changed their fry recipie a few years back ,Havent tried the Tacos yet because We already have Taco Bell and JBox . nothing was better than A Whopper for 99 cents and Burger King Fries , than the greedy bastards jacked the price of a whopper back to 2 and half bucks :mad: .

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You've never heard of Weinerschnitzel?

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

PSST! vj23k...I think he was being sarcastic about no Burger Kings in NYC...don't quote me on that. Besides, I hear McDowell's is taking off :)

Anyways, I don't think Mickey D's will be coming out with a taco any time soon...Heck, they don't even have onion rings!

As for hot dogs, just go over to any convenience store and you'll find those hot dogs spinning on the metal wheel thingies...There's this one store, I swear, those same five hot dogs (and that one weird sausage looking thing) have been spinning on that thing since the mid 80's

My rule to follow is this: If you're buying a hot dog from the same place you can get a pack of cigs and a sixer of Natty Light, you better find somewhere else to eat, quick!

13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I know there are BKs in NYC. My mother had her purse stolen at one once.

And I've had good hot dogs from the Toot N' Totum. I've eaten them there often.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

YES!!!!!! While their burgers are small and of poor quality (along with the McNuggets) they easily have the best fries and their breakfast kicks ass. Nobody in the world has better pancakes than McDonalds (and I've tried em all).

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

This thread rocks!

I agree that McD's sucks ass! The burgers "meat" is pretty much soy. The fries, I do like as greasy as they are.

Whataburger is the way to go. Though a tad more expensive, you always end up being full (I'm a huge eater) and you know you're eating Grade A meat.

Burger King is great. Especially their 99 cent double cheeseburger deal. You can also get a single cheeseburger for 49 cents and a triple for 1.49. This burger alone, makes up for jacked up Whopper prices.

Jack-In-The-Box is decent. Great 99 cent menu, but the drive thru is slow as balls!

Wendy's has the best 99 cent menu, they also have the best fries. I don't think too much of their meat though. However, they do have the best chicken-type sandwiches.

16. mrpaige

I love the Wendy's chicken sandwiches.

I like What-A-Burger okay, but it always takes about seven days to get an order. It's not very fast fast food (which is probably a big reason why it generally tastes pretty good. They aren't making it until I order it). The only time I think to go to What-A-Burger, though, is to get Taquitos in the middle of the night.

17. Johnny Rocket

No I cant say that I have.

I wish BK or McDonalds would carry Hot Dogs. I always wonder about those hot dogs sitting on the racks that are out where anybody could cough on them or sneeze on them. Then again its probably not as bad as would the old guy in the back of McDonalds is doing to your hamburger.

18. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

This thread is making me hungry! I'm going to have to try some of those tacos tomorrow!

19. mrpaige

And these pretzels are making me thirsty.

20. Johnny Rocket

I'm hungry too now. But unlike DREAMer I dont eat lamb so i'll have to settle for a Wendy's Double Bacon Cheeseburger. Nothing like the latenight Pick-Up window