1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls add PG to roster to replace injured Crawford

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Sep 24, 2001.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

And kpsta, thanks for a sane reply.

2. haven

haven Member

But the problem is, at what point does a poster simply lose credibility?

Last year, the Bulls were supposed to be better than the Rocketes. We all snickered and giggled... and we were really, really right. The Rockets were the best team ever to not make the playoffs. The Bulls were execrable.

If you'd come in and said, "the Bulls might be better than you think," that might have been one thing. But you were completely out-of-whack with reality.

Now, you're saying more things that we perceive as completely crazy. After you were so, so incredibly mistaken last year, is it much of a surprise that nobody's taking you too seriously?

Your arguments in hangout about the Cubs haven't helped your cause, either. The Cubs were on-pace to set a record for least-injuries to pitchers. Most of us called it an anomaly. We said that the Cubs would flop towards a realistic place towards the end of the season.

You maintained that not only did the Cubs have more heart, but as much talent as the Astros. Nobody believed that outside of Chicago. You said you'd be "shocked" if the Cubs dropped further than 3 out. Ughh... well, where are the Cubs now, again?

You always predict completely unrealistic things for Chicago. I'm often willing to argue with you, but sometimes you just go too far.

3. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I <b>am</b> shocked at what happened to the cubs...

I expected Brand to be a lot better than his previous year (you know---the way <b>you all</b> say he hasn't finished developing yet)and I expected he and Mercer to be a very good, potent combo. Both are legit 20 point a night threats. I thought they would at least keep the team in every game. I thought, and think, that Fizer is and would have played better than he did. I thought Miller would anchor the middle and that Guyton and Hoiberg would be steady contributors. I really thought 30 wins was possible---<shrug> I wrong...dead wrong...

I make mistakes like everyone else.

It's not just me though. Lots of fans here think the Rockets are better than the Lakers and that Francis is better than Kobe. It happens---Chicago fan or Houston fan.

And what am I saying now thats completely crazy?

4. Band Geek Mobster

Who thinks the Rockets are better than the Lakers?

5. haven

haven Member

Yeah, those people are completely nuts. Won't ever hear me defending them. :p

Seriously, I don't think you're a bad poster at all.

You're just a lot like TheCat, except slightly more optimistic. TheCat doesn't bother me because he's rooting for the same guys ;).

About the Cubs... I think the thing that bothered me, was that most of us showed you exactly how lucky the Cubs had been. About 3/4 of the way through the season, they'd missed exactly 1 scheduled start. And about half team was having a career year.

You just can't expect stuff like that to continue.

6. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Please, noone say yes to this post.

7. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

8. Matador

Matador Member

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Lots of fans you said. You found 2; one who is delusional and the other post were people just dreaming, saying "oh that would be cool, and this would be cool." Thats the way it really is. Its nice to see you've been making a big effort(although its probably killing you) to not say anything trollish in the past couple of days, I guess you figured out that you were pissing off pretty much everyone on the board and decided to quit being a troll. Hmmm, I give you about a week to return to the same ol' GB bulls troll.

10. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

How has Bryce Drew been working out? I was glad to see him go to the Bulls so that he could get a chance to prove himself, but it seems like nothing's happened. Anyone have any insight into this? Has he just not played well enough? Doesn't fit the system? Krause just a butthead? I'd like to see him establish himself as a good backup or decent starter on some team. I think he has the ability for it.

11. Band Geek Mobster

So out of 3123 members, you found 2 that say we could beat the Lakers.

They didn't even say we were better than the Lakers. There's a huge difference between saying that we could beat a team than saying that we are better than a team. Almost any team could beat any other team in the NBA, but that doesn't make them better...

Also, Severe Rockets Fan, what's with your obsession with GB?

I swear everytime GB posts, I see a post from you attacking him. If you don't like him, then just ignore him, it's not that hard.

#31 Band Geek Mobster, Sep 26, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2001
  12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Uh, ye--------, NO!

13. Severe Rockets Fan

I reply to other posts too, but he he attacked me hard a few times when I was just standing up for my team. True, I should lay off and I will but its bothersome when a guy comes in here just to down this team and the fans and everyone just goes"oh its just gettinbranded being a bulls fan" I don't like to be passive, I'm not Ghandi, so I want let him know how ridiculous I think it is for him to come in a talk smack. I wish all homers could be like swopa and the nugget fans that are here, those are cool guys that can actually have fun with their teams, but GB goes too far, and so I must...thats all.

14. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Wrong. I said there was a big long obnoxious thread earlier this summer...I just failed to find it in the short time I took to search...

15. Band Geek Mobster

You've yet to find this so-called thread, so I am right, you showed me 2 members that think we could beat the Lakers.

BTW we did beat the Lakers once last season, so it's not that crazy to say we could beat them.

It is crazy to say we are better than the Lakers, and you've yet to really show me anyone saying "The Rockets are better than the Lakers."

16. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

whatever...

It's all semantics...

17. Band Geek Mobster

You said some Rockets fans think the Rockets are better than the Lakers.

All you've shown are people that say that the Rockets could beat the Lakers.

The Bulls will be the worst team this year, but they could win a game or two this season, that does not mean they're better than the team they beat.

Do you understand?

18. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

WHATever...

19. Band Geek Mobster

Hey man,
    I'm just trying to talk ball. If you can't find anyone on this bbs that said the Rockets are better than the Lakers, then just say so.

Don't put your hands over your eyes and say "whatever" over and over like a little child...

20. Severe Rockets Fan

cmon BGM, whats your obsession with GB?:D
    just kidding