1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building next door being inspected

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VesceySux, Oct 12, 2001.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'm not trying to add to any panic or spread misinformation. I'm merely reporting what I see outside my office window. I'm not sure this is even newsworthy...

The area around 1 Battery Park Plaza has been roped off by national guard. I can see several people in yellow biohazard suits walking around. The rumor goes that they found a suspicious package there. I don't see anyone going in or out. I hope it's merely a precaution and not something worse.

This building is located right next to mine. Yikes.

2. VesceySux

Great.... Now we can't leave our building.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

is that NY???

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

yes... it is NY..

hang in there VesceySux....

rH

5. treeman

treeman Member

VesceySux -

Is the building next door just a general office building, or is it owned by a specific company? Just curious.

6. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

7. VesceySux

Yeah, that's the building all right (just from a different vantage point).

I'm not sure who owns the building. I'm not even sure who works there. It's definitely a biohazard issue, though. At first, I heard "bomb threat," but it's now confirmed as a chemical/biological scare. The building security people announced the news over the PA. All I see now are people in yellow suits sitting around with their "helmets" off. Not much activity anymore, so I'm heading home. I got caught in the whole 9/11 attack. I don't need this s*** now. Lower Manhattan sucks...

Wish I had my camera. I could really get some cool stalker-rockHEAD shots from the window.

8. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Please keep us posted. Chat room is a possibility if you are stuck there.

cbfc

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

VS wrote: "Wish I had my camera. I could really get some cool stalker-rockHEAD shots from the window."

yeah... dream on buddy!
    :D

rH

10. VesceySux

We can leave now. If we go, though, we can't get back in (good riddance, I say...). 50% of the office just took off. I'm not far behind them.

Final report: Bio/chemcial scare is winding down. The firetrucks have left the area, but a group of policemen just went inside. The area is still roped off to everyone. A co-worker here said the people across the way (in 1 Battery Park Plaza) were waving at her (casually). I take that as a good sign. I'm heading home.

Watch out rH. I'm gonna start bringing my camera to work. I'm bound to catch something on film down here with all this crap going on...

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Vescey,

My wife (who works at 40 Wall) just got off the phone with a friend of hers that works at 1 Battery Park. She said that everything seems to be fine and that it was just a scare. They were just being cautious. But it looks like it was a false alarm.

I'll see if she has any more info.

12. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Hey Vescey,

Houston is a great place to live this time of year. You can even go to more Rocket's games. You're welcome to pack your bags & move to our town, at least until things settle down up there. :)

13. VesceySux

Yeah, I know. I was born and raised in Houston. I'm trying to convince my fiancee to move to Texas. We'll see how that goes.