1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno Caboclo reaches agreement with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by craguin, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So there is a part of me that is super excited about this signing. Caboclo is an incredible athletic specimen and, according to science, his brain is still developing even at age 22. Maybe the game slows down for him somewhere in these final couple years of brain development and he learns to put it all together. (I just re-read that and I can't believe how far I'm willing to reach here)

On the other hand, this guy was drafted to the Raptors; not the Kings or the Magic. The Raptors have been a quality organization since the arrival of Masai Ujiri. These are the same Raptors that were able to get quality minutes out of OG Anunoby (rookie) and Pascal Siakam in his year one and two in the NBA. Why couldn't they get anything out of Bruno?

Regardless, it's still the definition of a low risk/high reward scenario. I might be irrationally excited, but it's rationally a reasonable move at the price he was acquired.

dmoneybangbang and saleem like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

3. mockster

mockster Member

Brazilian KD, no snake oil though.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

More lotto tickets. I mean what are the odds Melo, MCW and Caboclo will all suck? Not likely.

One will have a breakout season.

D-rock, JuNx and BigShasta like this.
  5. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I think this could be an old school NBA case back teams drafted high school kids and expected things early the gave up after 3 yrs.... he might be a Jermaine O'Neal case where portland never knew what they were trading away.... lebron broke the mold on what we expected from young but realistically it takes 3-4 yrs for an inexperienced player to show any dividends......

hopefully this is the case.....

plus I give every player that has at least 1 skill a chance to succeed in Houston simply because James and Chris know how to exploit that skill....

eta: they didn't trade O'Neal I think indy just gave him a big offer....

6. mockster

mockster Member

Why would you put MCW name up there. He’s a bonafide shaqtin a fool legend

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People laugh but remember when the Heat turned a bust into a top 10 center in Whiteside?

BMoney and D-rock like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell, I'd be happy If he makes progress down in RGV. No way he plays for D'Antoni this year. Literally impossible.

Because of his intelligence, I think Melton has a shot, though.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whiteside is a bust... Huge, huge negative impact on the Heat.

Bam is already superior.

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

OG and Pascal went to college, Bruno did not. I think the Raptors gave up on him a little too early. But time will tell. I think he just need CONFIDENCE!

BUT I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Morey recently, he FINALLY after all these yrs, is putting together a Championship Roster.....He is finally bringing in players with LENGTH! He surrounded Yao and T-Mac with players like Chuck Hayes, Luther Head, Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry. Players that were good but too short for their position. They could win during the regular season but when it came to matching up against the upper tier teams, they were too short.

MCW, ENNIS, MELO AND BRUNO....ALL BRING LENGTH AND ATHLETICISM

D-rock likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I LOVE THIS PICKUP !!

And with Nene to help him mature - HELL YES....this is the definition of a LOW RISK- HIGH REWARD pickup.

Dude shoots 46% from 3pt range...

GREAT JOB MOREY !

DD

dmoneybangbang and JuNx like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who wins in a game of one on one, Brazilian Kevin Durant (Caboclo) or Jewish Jordan (Casspi)?

raining threes likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

If he can mature and learn to play within the system, and accept his position as a role player, he might just see some minutes with the team. But he needs to put in work with the G-league and prove himself. Big IFs, but his ceiling is through the roof.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone want to break the news to DD, or should we just let him stay excitedly exuberant for a little while longer?

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rudy Gobert (Denver), Hassan Whiteside (Sac-town) ....there are plenty of recent stories of teams drafting guys super young without the patience to wait for development; especially with Big Men. Sure sometimes they never develop ....Hasheem Thabeet. Other times, teams that pull the trigger too early end up giving away guys like Nurkic for Mason Plumlee.

D-rock and skroodup25 like this.
  16. heypartner

Raptors fans called him the "meme god" in his reddit Appreciation thread.

Here's one.

Caboclo is afraid of Drake

[​IMG]

Turned into this:

[​IMG]

17. heypartner

Umm: Bruno has a new baby.

Mother is a Canadian-Brazilian who he met in Toronto. This was posted 2 weeks ago. fwiw: no mention of baby on Bruno's twitter, or his active Facebook.

I wonder if Morey knew about this little tidbit.

[​IMG]

@SmeggySmeg fwiw: He likes Food Truck Festivals.

This would have been around the time the baby was born?? He's calling it Recharging and Reconnecting.

bongman, D-rock, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

http://gleague.nba.com/player/bruno-caboclo/

ooops, 34%, sorry was projecting for his play here.

:)

DD

19. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

hilarious

D-rock likes this.
  20. heypartner

I wish it were true. But sadly, the kid sucks at threes, so far. If he was good, doubt Toronto releases him. He's shooting worse than Brewer in the NBA.

You might be looking at his 2pt % from G-League?

he's never shot anything like 46% in any season, including G-League where defense is not played. Here's his G-League stats. He's been 33% since day 1 down there....7th best on his team last year. 33% is like 9th on the Vipers, behind Isaiah Hartenstein.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/c/cabocbr01d.html