1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Bogusevic

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by kevwun, Jun 21, 2005.

1. kevwun

kevwun Member

I hope he's just in a slump. He's looked bad in all 3 of his postseason starts. I really hope the Astros didn't get fooled by a guy starring in an average conference. A lot of good pitchers have gotten knocked around in Omaha however, including Mark Prior, so that makes me feel a little better.

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He looks like crap. Can't wait to see what he'll do in A ball.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Can't wait to see what he does against wooden bats. I also can't wait to see what he does with the bat. The kid is a hell of an athlete. Even if he doesn't make it as a pitcher (which all acounts seem to think he will) he would be a very good outfielder.

4. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

You can't teach speed!!!

If he sucks a a pitcher, he might be better off getting in the outfield. He'd be the best right fielder in the game. SPEED reserved for centerfielders with a power pitchers arm. Nobody would even think of streching doubles into triples!!!

Plus he can hit very well.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

He hit a grand total of zero home runs this year. He won't be playing an outfield position at the professional level.

As a pitcher, Rice lit him up like a Christmas tree in the super regionals....and Rice can't even hit that great. I'm hoping Bogusevic has a dead arm from pitching too much this year, otherwise the Astros really wasted a pick big time. The postseason in college baseball is when pitchers should be at their best, and he certainly isn't.

The whole metal bat thing is college is waaay overblown. Ever since they decreased the diameter of the metal bat about 5 or 6 years ago, the offensive numbers have come way down.