1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brewers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 23, 2004.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Let's see if can blow this one too, it's been that kind of a year.

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Well, now the Astros have scored 5+ runs in 7 straight games!!

We are still losing though because of our ****ty bullpen.

Gallo in the 8th, lets see if we blow it.

3. JibbaJabba

JibbaJabba Contributing Member

I got an idea, let's stop giving Overbay anything to hit.

5-2 Astros.

4. JibbaJabba

JibbaJabba Contributing Member

5-3 now after Gallo gives up another homer.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Anybody know if Jesse Orosco is available?

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know I've been waiting for the Astros to go on a 10-0 run or something like that, but I've come to realize that maybe this team doesn't have a run like that in them. They'll somehow manage to lose a game here or there simply because their defense is shaky, their bully ain't that great, nor is their starting rotation all that when you consider they have redding and munro pitching 2 out of 5 days. But Bagwell said something interesting in the paper today...they need to start stringing together a bunch of series victories together in a row. This is how this team puts a run together. Win 2 out of every 3, repeat. Maybe sneak in a series sweep here and there.

7. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I think you could officially classify that statement as Bagwell's motto, or creed have you, as has said that the past three seasons. And where has that taken them?

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Keep your eye on Livan Hernandez today....

9. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Is there a double header today?

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Geez, no one is posting about this game? I guess all you guys have dumped them and are waiting for the Texans to start up.

Stros up 7-0 in the 7th inning in case you were wondering:rolleyes:

For anyone that does still care...

Should Garner be talked into coming back to manage again next year?

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Is anyone else's Fox Sports SW feed of the game pixelating at times, and sometimes with the audio cutting out?

I was watching Jeff Kent's tirade and I noticed these mini looking squares coming on the screen and its been happening the whole game.

12. BobFinn*

Aren't there storms in the Houston area? I heard Worrell mention lightening outside the stadium. That may have something to do with the broadcast. I am watching the Fox SW feed on DirecTv up here in Pa. and my reception is fine.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nodbody's posting, but I assume plenty are watching... its just that its been such a business-like thrashing of the Brewers, that its almost comical.

Man... this team suddenly found its offense. NINE runs today, and Brad Ausmus is playing long-ball.

With a win today, they now need to take 3 out of 4 against Arizona to maintain the "7 out of 9" goal before the trading deadline... they're already going to make up some WC ground today, with the Giants, Cubs, Reds, and Marlins losing.

BUT... anything less than a series win against Zona would probably = season over, no matter how promising this team looks right now.

14. RiceRocket1

RiceRocket1 Member

I've been watching the whole game. The bats have really come to life. How great would it be to have those 2 games against the Dodgers back that the bullpen blew? I just wish we had gotten Garner on board sooner and this turn around started.

If we can take at least 3 from the D'Backs and then go to Cincy and win that series, we should be in good shape. Even Darren Oliver got some outs for us yesterday.

15. BobFinn*

And how 'bout AE hitting the cover off the ball as well. That deep drive to the wall that drove in Biggio shows he can hit. To think Jimy was wasting his bat by asking him to bunt the runner over :confused:

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Hmmm... Astros bats come alive and Bagwell is on the bench....coincidence.....

17. RiceRocket1

RiceRocket1 Member

That's a little harsh as Bagwell has been hitting better too. That said, it was nice having Lamb in there today.

18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Boy if you want a shutout don't put Gallo in the game. Thats 5 shutouts that guy has blown this year for the Astros.

19. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

If the Astros are in fact considering moving Kent, now would be an excellent time to do so. I imagine his services will be unavailable for the next few games.

Who the hell is that guy playing shortstop for the Astros, and what did he do to Adam Everett???

20. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

They've scored 5 runs or more in 8 straight games and Bagwell has had a 7 or 8 game hit streak, so Bagwell sitting on the bench has little to do with it.