1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[BREAKING]
    About an hour ago, Joe Biden sexual assault victim Tara Reade filed a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT with the Washington DC police. I'd love to read it, in hopes of finding justice for Ms Reade.

https://www.businessinsider.com/for...a-reade-files-sexual-assault-complaint-2020-4

A woman who accused Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her when she worked for him in 1993 has filed a formal criminal complaint with the Washington, DC, police about the alleged incident, Business Insider has learned.

Tara Reade says she told police that Biden assaulted her in a Senate corridor, shoving his hand under her skirt and penetrating her with his fingers. She was a staffer in his Senate office at the time.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I hope she get the help and support she truly deserves.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. For show. Yeah, wait 27 years to do it. Not only that, why not last year.....when she changed her story? This woman has no credibility.

4. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Had you said the same thing about Christine Blasey Ford (who waited much longer than 27 years) you would have been the target of womens rights groups across the country and "cancelled" by society. Of course we now know that Blasey Ford's accusations did not have merit after no eyewitnesses could corroborate and after the FBI investigation turned up nothing. Ms Reade deserves her chance to be heard. And Biden will need to address this.

GOOD DAY

Astrodome likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you found one or two things that don't fit the narrative yes, but how do you explain her flipflops?

She changes the reason for why she left her job multiple times. Sometimes saying Biden didn't know why she resigned to that he fired her to that she was looking at better job opportunities.

And the Russia thing is so weird where she was a fierce critic in 2017 and then became a strong praiser of Russia, and then decided to delete those tweets???

There's enough there in totality to make her accusation highly suspect if you ask me. Let's look at the facts:

1. Unlike Ford, there is no one to corroborate here story
    2. It's one person not multiple like in the case of Kavanaugh
    3. She has changed her story multiple times about the incident, about her resignation/firing
    4. She recently has changed her political beliefs from pro-US to pro-Russia

6. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    You are wrong at every turn. Literally on each point your logic is backwards.

1. No one corroborated Ford's story. Not a single human who was there. Many denied it though.
    2. There were credible accusations against Kavanaugh. All were 100% debunked, some were retracted.
    3. The critical details of the story have not changed.
    4. When all else fails, blame Russia!

GOOD DAY

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

1. No one corroborated as a witness. They only corroborated that she told them after the fact years later.

2. The only other allegation I heard of came from a woman who anonymously made the allegation and recanted after it was public.

3. Ford wasn't as consistent as you percieve/claim

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ies-not-credible-kavanaugh-column/1497661002/

Now I'm not going to dismiss her outright because a lot of those inconsistencies are minor enough where someone just didn't have the perfect memory of the incident which is very possible.

4. Ya that sounds odd but isn't so conclusive to dismiss her so easily given how often we preach about hearing women out when they make allegations which is my main point.

I don't know if either Ford or this lady made false accusations. I just am kind of uncomfortable with the partisan double standard here.

Jayzers_100, jcf and El_Conquistador like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What double standard?

Has Reade not been heard?

Reade allegations were taken very seriously the 1st time she made some and she said nothing happened sexually, so why should this particular allegation be taken seriously when she has a clear bias and her story has changed so much.

Just because a woman is heard does not mean an action must occur.

This double standard argument is nonsensical on its face.

Can name specific instances where someone who has said all women should be heard but are not willing to listen to this woman?

9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[BREAKING]
    NYT now reporting on it. Happy Easter!

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable.

This is a non story just like the blasey ford fiasco. If this had any legs CNN would report on it.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

1. As a witness or otherwise. Right now the only person is her brother who confirmed parts of her story, who is the other person?
    2. This is pretty weak if it was anonymous and recanted.
    3. What were the major inconsistencies? She had multiple people corroborate her story, she had refusals of people to testify, and there were another woman who stepped up, yet there was refusal to speak to people who could add detail
    4. Right now it's her word against his. For something to be made of this, she needs more evidence, that's always the case.She is being listened to, but she isn't offering up very much.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Obama FINALLY endorses him when he is at his weakest point... his numbers must be that bad to have the pressure on Obama finally bring him to do it. The dude was clearly not a fan of Biden running.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Obama endorsed him as soon as Bernie dropped out. His plan the entire time was to wait until someone secured the nomination before endorsing them. Obama is consistently polled as being the most popular/influential figure in the Democratic Party today. He was never going to risk alienating Bernie supporters by endorsing Biden too early.

joshuaao and baller4life315 like this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Ford’s allegations are just as baseless as Reade’s. We have to accept that the Kavanaugh hearings were a mulligan. Garland and Kavanaugh were both screwed, it’s just Kavanaugh was actually confirmed in the long run. These partisan witch hunts have no place in the Supreme Court imo.

Corrosion and baller4life315 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think Ford's they are as baseless as Reade's she went for professional help and told multiple people about the allegation.

Reade has none of that and has added to her original story after saying she did not think Biden's actions were sexual.

I agree that partisan witch hunts have no place and I agree that a confirmation hearing was not the place to debate the merits of Fords allegations but the 2 are nothing alike.

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I don't see how you can say she's a liar or telling the truth. The truth is WE don't know.

The issues that I'm curious about are:
    • Will the MSM cover this the same as the Kavanaugh allegation?
    • Will the Republican political machine push this as hard as the Democrats did? - I hope they take the high road and only push it if a criminal investigation leads to real facts. Take the high road
    The timing is fishy, same as with Kavanaugh. Why not bring it up when he ran for VP w/ Obama?

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

By the way, what's up with the spammy head title?

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Are you talking about the **Breaking**..... ?

Isn't that Jorge's trademark reporting style? He's reporting from the field providing premium posts at no charge, right?

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Runners up got in line mostly to not pull a Gabbard and dessicate in four years, but Sanders did it to prevent forcing any new primaries or being a scapegoat for additional COVID-19 outbreaks, that would have been too easy a Facebook meme for all the apparent psychopaths whose kids I went to K-12 with.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny, Fox News had exactly the opposite take - that its ridiculously abnormal and shows how partisan and biased Obama is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...-jeanine-obama-endorsement-biden-the-five.amp