1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 18, 2022.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Should've seen his stats against UH... amazing! :D

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If the Rockets get him it would be like having 2 Jabari Smiths out there....

thedude077 likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He kinda reminds me of McGrady with the length and he's not shy about putting up shots.

Has some shot creation ability too, I think he goes in the top 4 .... needs to tighten up the handles.

jiggyfly and TheBeastSystem like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He’s being compared to Paul George

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

I don't know anything about him other than the highlight clip in OP, so I'm not proclaiming ANYTHING, but his movements kind of remind me of pre injury raw Brandon Roy

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I am on the Brandon Miller hype train. We have seen from guys like Ben Mathurin and Trey Murphy 3rd, super accurate snipers in college translate really well in the NBA. And in this BM isn't just your average stiff, he is really tall, relatively athletic and even has iso scoring ability. I can see him becoming a lethal 2way player, people see shades of PG on him and tbh I do too.

All things considered, I think most people are happy with the Jabari Smith pick. Well BM is like the SF version of Jabari, I am so high on him I am ok wih getting him at the top 3 pick, esp over a bricker like Amen.

glynch, peleincubus and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  9. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

And a Trey Murphy hybrid.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Brandon Ingram vibes .

jiggyfly and sirjesse like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks like a nice consolation prize.

The only thing that worries me is his release looks low and very blockable.

cdastros likes this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He already has much more in his bag than Smith.

His handle and play making ability are way more advanced. it's actually painful for me to watch him and realize how deficient Smith is.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Great comp.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He definitely needs more time in the oven.

The comp is more a mostly perimeter oriented big with limited athleticism. I don't see Miller easily creating separation, which as a 3 is kind of important. Also takes more 3s than 2s
    Also, he is older than Jabari

(I haven't given up hope on Smith, but signs aren't great at the moment)

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If Smith is considered a 4 then so can Miller be considered a 4 I don't see any limited athleticism, and he makes up for that by being highly skilled.

He is 7 months older and has a much deeper bag than Smith so who cares, do you see Smith being able to do all of this in 7 months?

He is 6'9, so he does not have to create much separation and he has the dribble skills to get his shot off.

Smith took more 3's than 2's as well but unlike Smith, Miller can finish at the rim when guarded.

I am just glad that this draft looks to be deeper than advertised at the top.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yes, it looks a stronger draft. Hopefully we get 1 or 2 and don't have to worry about anything else!!

For what it is worth, Miller is .431 from 2 where Smith was .435 at college.
    Miller seems to have more versatility offensively, but if we were to take him I think we put Smith on the backburner.
    Maybe that is a good idea?
    Maybe a Thompson instead?

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

At this point I am still all about talent acquisition there are no sacred cows and competition is good IMO. Take the best player.

I think you could play both together for good stretches with Miller being more of a 2/3 or playing Smith at the 5 and Miller at 4 wing, front court can overlap a bit.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Fair!!

If it is a scenario of picking Okafur when a team already has Embiid - sure, why not! As long as one of them pans out, who really cares.

I just see a big opportunity at the 3 and 5 spots. Given there are a lot of wings available, I would push for an athletic playmaking 3 if we miss the top 2 guys. I like Miller, but see overlap. But whatever, no reason we couldn't play both - very true! (He is still lowest on my personal preference list of the top 5 guys - but I have been wrong plenty of times before)

20. i3artow i3aller