1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brace for brutal first two months

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Oct 9, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am pleasantly shocked by the start.

DD

jcmoon and Losmi_34 like this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

Fvv had a down year coming off surgery, it didn’t take a palm reader to guess that he would get back to his career averages.

Dillon Brooks was forced into a bigger role than he was able to handle, due mostly from injuries to the grizzlies stars and also how his coach used him. Houston clearly had a plan on how to use him before giving him all that money. And this is not hindsight talking, I detailed exactly why he would be more efficient this season: https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/how-i-learned-to-love-dillon-brooks.320593/

Sengun was misused and misjudged by this organization for two years, and fooled plenty of people in the fan base and around the league. But it did not fool those of us who knew EXACTLY what we had in Sengun from the start: https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/getting-to-know-alperen-sengun-your-new.312466/

I had faith that a real basketball mind like Udoka would see through the biases built by this organization the past two years and uncover what we knew Sengun can be, and that’s exactly what happened. It did not take a miracle or some kind of outlier outcome, just someone with a brain to use him the right way.

It is funny the word you used last, “reality”. What is reality? Reality is what you see on the court today, not some blind guess by “media commentators, analysts or even betting lines”. I put 5 figures on those betting lines btw, someone had to take the candy from a baby.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Congrats on your wisdom

I was referencing the "reality" of expectations prior to this season, btw.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hey I’m also the Marcus Morris guy so I’m not trying to claim something about myself, just that in this instance clearly some of us was right.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah you kind of turned it into a "who was right - ME " thing. So again, gratz

My point was / is, that we're currently outdoing expectations - and that it wasn't pessimistic of fans for not expecting this improvement.

Losmi_34 likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

We are for sure out doing expectations. My point is, and perhaps this is just semantics, those expectations were wrong (unrealistic).

7. NewAge

NewAge Member

good call @CXbby
    Speaking of prognostications, however, I was just thinking today about the debates here on CF on whether KPJ would be happy to come off the bench when we draft Henderson…
    The future is uncertain

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I heard the schedule gets easier at the end of the year

24 games left. It should kick it at any time now!

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

It actually does get easier after these Phoenix games. We should still push 35 wins in the end, despite losing Tari for the majority of the year and Jalen turning out to be a bust, and Ime inexplicably sticking with him as the starter the whole season. If you told me that before the season I would have easily believed the Jalen part but Ime’s utter lack of accountability is a shock.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

35 wins would be a shock

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

You were saying?

if 35 wins is a shock just imagine when we win 40 and you get banned

13 in 33 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

If it happens. It happens. The rockets are going to have to figure out how to get sengun and green playing together

And you need to win 41. Not 40. The bet was over 40