1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao vs Bradley June 9th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s2kboy16, Jun 6, 2012.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

It takes a very skilled boxer to block punches with his neck. I can see why the judges scored the fight that way.

2. what

what Member

Boy his mug looks pummeled:
    [​IMG]

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Looks like Bradley "masterfully" jabbed Pacquiao's face to oblivion. Boxing noob.

4. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

typical reaction of a winner by luck.

5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure that Ryan Braun had a similar reaction when the arbitrator ruled in his favor.

6. Dei

Dei Member

Lampley is not Compubox.

7. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

See now it all makes sense. Clearly what isn't scoring by hits landed or any outlandish stat like that! He's got his own scoring system where jabs+defense count for more then actual "landed" punches.

Just curious, but question: what was your scorecard looking like in the last Mayweather/Cotto fight?

How about Margarito/Pacquiao?

PS:
    Last 2 Yuri Foreman fights I've seen he's lost. Cotto destroyed him and then Wolak took him after the knee surgery. Come on man. I'm more of a Saul Alvarez fan myself.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

Dude, you are just a jerk off. You think you are the only one that watches boxing? Someone doesnt agree with you and you attack? Yea, you sure know how to talk boxing :rolleyes:.

I forgot more about the sport than you know. You think name dropping Foreman, the feather fisted jewish fighter with shot knees, shows you know boxing? Haha and you probably think Abner Mares is Puerto Rican. Like how Ivan Calderon is Mexican right? You lost all credibility with that one. Yea i saw you post that.

You can fool all these Pacquiao and Mayweather fans with your "knowledge" but a real boxing aficionado can see right through you. Masterful performance? You don't know **** about boxing. What Marquez does is masterful, not Bradley.

2 people like this.
  9. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

What is in the top 4 in the world when it comes to boxing knowledge. The first 3 are those judges of course. WBO judges are a sham, as well as compubox.

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Its all rigged to try and set up a rematch

Bob Arum is saying all the right things, and pulling strings in the background.

I will stream the rematch, and watch free. Im not a sucker

Strip Bradley and give Pac the belt, or make it vacant. Then i will watch

11. what

what Member

Exactly what I expected from a typical sheep. The only thing that catches your attention in boxing is mma style knock out artists. "Feather-fisted," why he might as well never exist in your pac/ mike tyson world.

What is the last fight that you actually appreciated on a boxing level and for the purity of the sport?

I can tell you mine: Joel Diaz vs Guy Robb.

Incidentally, you were in that thread Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Rico Ramos :http://bbs.clutchfans.net/archive/index.php/t-214162.html

Your comment:
    Victorious
    01-20-2012, 10:29 PM
    Be warned, this has potential to be a snooze fest

Further proof that all you care about is knockouts.

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

Om
    LOL what an idiot. I thought i didnt know boxing? Obviously a true boxing fan would know of those two. And i dont even like MMA. you know who else is feather fisted and i like? Paulue Malanagi. And that Rigo vs Ramos fight was a snoozer. But it ended in a KO so i bet you hatred that.

You can have a boxing match and not be boring. You probably thought Mora vs Mosley was an exciting match lmao. I don't like boring fighters who play it safe and don't take chances. I like boxers like young stud Adrian Broner or a Juan Manuel Marquez or Erik Morales. Both guys who can outbox and counter punch you to death and at the same time, willing to throw punches and take chances.

You boxing purist are jokes. You can watch your dawson vs ward snoozer. I rather watch two minimumweights from Japan duke it out.

Last good pure boxing match i saw? Just last week, Adamek vs Chambers. Adamek got lucky.

Sorry man, stick to arguing with flomos and pactards. You can hang with them. You will look like a fool trying to discuss boxing with someone who loves the sport.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

do you know anything about boxing? as lederman (crazy b*stard) always says judges use more than punches to score a fight.

modern scoring, judges look at 4 categories not just punch count.

1. aggressor (effective)
    2. ring generalship (controlling the fight)
    3. defense
    4. punches (clean)

Looking at results lately, judges view all categories as equally important. This fact cannot be understated.

The equal value is also why someone like Mayweather (or any great counter puncher) can be undefeated because he will dominate anyone in ring generalship and defense but until recently had no power.

Also IMHO categories 2, 3 require the most pure boxing skill which should be rewarded not penalized.

if you want 100% punch count scoring go watch amateur boxing or the Olympics.

14. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I never advocated something as ridiculous as a 100% punch count scoring. Defense, aggressiveness, fight control, all of it is part of the game but when you base your point system on just defense + focusing on jabs (as what seems to have done), then you lose sight of the other factors.

15. what

what Member

No, I look at everything. That is why I had pac winning the fight handily through 6 rounds.

There was no real advantage in aggressiveness between pac and bradley, because for much of the fight pac didn't force the action. The only times he tried to take control was the last half minute of the round and that is not good enough.

Bradley controlled the fight. And clean punching was pretty even to me. Bradley's defense was far better than pac's.

16. brohandy

brohandy New Member

I can block iron bars with my neck, it's almost unbelievable or made-up or something. 99.9% of the time it hurts me more than I hurt it.