1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao vs Bradley June 9th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s2kboy16, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

*sigh* Neither I, nor the maker of the video scored the fight for Bradley. The video isn't about saying that Bradley should have won. It was simply showing dozens of instances in which Pacquiao threw wildly and was either blocked or missed badly, but the crowd and Jim Lampley exploded with excitement claiming these punches landed cleanly. Video review shows they definitely didn't. It also shows Bradley landing good clean punches and working to avoid Pac's punches while the announcers either completely ignored and stayed silent about Bradley's punches, or straight up lied about how his punches were missing and that he wasn't moving his head at all to avoid Pac's "straight left hands."

Pac won the fight, barely, but he has been getting far too much credit for landing punches that he did not actually connect with, and Bradley did land more punches than he was given credit for. The video clearly demonstrates this.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

You know, that's what my eyes saw as well, but according to the punch stats, Manny was the more active AND accurate puncher by a good margin.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Well the predetermined decision is that Manny Pacquiao won the fight. When you compare Ford's quotes and his scoring to that of the world and the recently conducted WBO's review of the fight that had all 5 of their brought in judges score the fight for Manny, people are going to try to connect the dots of how he got this decision wrong. Is it a matter of "how much did he get paid?" or "is he just really, really, really, really, bad at his job?"

4. what

what Member

This video clearly shows that the world already gave the fight to pac and wasn't watching it.

Bradley won this fight. Period.

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

What did the WBO watch or was there review just a sham full of noob judges?

6. cod

cod Member

LOL, maybe those WBO judges did not score the fight with the audio turned off :p

7. what

what Member

Clearly they took pac's flurries of aggression as landed punches, and they couldn't see tim's defense or is countering.

I still can't believe with all the proof otherwise that people still think bradley only won 1 round, and 4 at the most. Are they watching the same fight?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No, they didn't watch a crappy illegal stream on a 11 inch laptop with two bad eyes.

9. what

what Member

I paid 55 dollars to watch this fight on top rank ppv. It was in hd. :eek:

10. Prince

Prince Member

11. Prince

Prince Member

12. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What planet are you from? Serious question.

13. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Everyone is wondering the same thing about you. All the analysts after the fight saying Pac won, compubox proving Pac landed more punches, and now the WBO's review even publicly states Pac won. It sounds like you were influenced by Brian Kenny's pro-Bradley fight call.

14. what

what Member

compubox is a sham. Look at the video. Pac was given credit for far more punches than he actually landed. Also, pac would take 2/3rds of the round off and then he'd swing wildly as though he was Mike Tyson, all of which the crowd viewed as pac kicking bradley's ass. But hardly any of the shots landed.

15. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Everything is a sham to you...compubox, boxing analysts, the WBO, Rudy Gay not being recognized as a Kevin Durant type talent. Who cares about the crowd, and I did look at the video. Compubox isn't taking punching statistics based on crowd noise or how many times an announcer points out a "Manny Pacquiao hard left". They have their own independent operators that watch the fight themselves. Let's move aside from "Pac not landing any punches" and talk about Bradley. Where are all the clean lands Bradley had? Even though Manny would take the start of each round off, what did Bradley do to capitalize besides meagerly throw punches that would connect with Pacquiao's gloves or arms? What proof are you in so disbelief over that 99.999999999999999999999999% of the world outside of you, CJ Ross, Duane Ford, and Brian Kenny, can't see that Bradley clearly won the fight?

1 person likes this.
  16. Prince

Prince Member

CAPTION THIS.

[​IMG]

Bradley: He won.
    Manny: More Manny, more money.

17. sew

sew Member

What is not wrong. Never ever. He's clearly above everyone else when it comes to boxing knowledge.

Stop trying to prove him otherwise.

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

And Bradley's shots landed? I'm not going to use compubox as an argument because it's one guy so there's chance for human error but it's easier to count the punches that missed. The ones that hit gloves, arms and shoulders. That is what compubox is pretty good at. Mannys defense was actually good and tim didnt land many significant clean shots. Hes not an accurate puncher to begin with.

19. what

what Member

From my point of view, bradley controlled the fight with his jab the entire second half of the fight and manny had no answer for it. Add to that Pac giving up round 1 and there is your fight.

btw, it is probably worth noting that I appreciate a skilled boxer. I was and am a big fan of Yuri Foreman. You probably don't even know who he is. Abner Mares and Dmitri Pirog are just a few of my favorite fighters.

I used to be like the sheep and only follow the knockout artist, but now I get as much or more satisfaction from a solid jab and defense. So bradley's performance was, in my opinion, masterful.

20. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is some good defense by Bradley...

[​IMG]

....Masterful!

He looks like the toxic avenger.

1 person likes this.